Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Article about: Hey guys , I have been wanting one of these for a long time now and finally pulled the trigger on this one . It seems to be in great condition and it has all the tell tell signs and makers m

raz
    ?

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Hey guys , I have been wanting one of these for a long time now and finally pulled the trigger on this one . It seems to be in great condition and it has all the tell tell signs and makers mark of Zimmermann . Would like to hear what you guys think . Thanks , Raz

Deutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in Gold

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold
    P
    Many

Nice original "20" to maker zimmermann, think this is the light weight version as I have one similar to it.....nice find.. Dave

raz
    ?

Thanks Dave , yes it is the light version . I should have taken a pic from the side to show the back plate mat'l but hey .... Raz

Very nice indeed Raz!
    I think every collector of TR awards would love to have one of these on his shelf but many never achieve it and not many manage more than one so I know what you mean.

In my opinion, excluding the cachet aspect, the DKiG is a more impressive award in terms of design and presence than the RK (howls of protest in the background I hear) and it just shines on display amongst other pieces.

I myself am one of the lucky collectors to have added one of these. Mine is a heavy BH Mayer "26" six rivet version.

Welcome to the club and thanks for showing.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

raz
    ?

Thanks Mark , at 68 and a fixed income I will never be able to afford the RK and I am really happy to get this award because as you say it's a beautiful piece . Thanks for the welcome . Raz

Love it. I'll get one some day

Lovely German cross indeed, but German cross as award really can not be even compared with knights cross of the iron cross, it is not even close to that award.

KR

Quote by Euronymous View Post
    Lovely German cross indeed, but German cross as award really can not be even compared with knights cross of the iron cross, it is not even close to that award.

KR
    I am fully aware of the relative status of RK and DKiG.

My point was not to compare the awards in terms of status but to compare the actual physical design of DKiG versus RK.

The RK is very similar in appearance (and rightly so) to the EKI and EKII both TR and Imperial, earlier too for that matter.

The DKiG is a far more complicated design executed to a far higher standard than the RK.

I comment only on the physical appearance of the items not the status of the decorations.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-07-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Excellent example. Very clean with some nice patina on the reverse.

As Mark said, welcome to the club! And I too think these are beautifuly designed awards.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree that these awards are quite stunning. Great catch for you.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast