Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Any good?

Article about: Hi collectors! I don’t have any experience with DKiG and would really appreciate if some of you could help me determine whether this is an original piece or not? I haven’t closed the deal ye

Your translations from German are reasobably accurate.

For the price I would not have a problem with that cross in my collection, considering what we have learned in this thread (though I would likely had felt differently prior to reading all this). Having Dietrich Maerz's personal input on it is also quite valuable and I would keep a high quality printout of his assessment with the cross as that will make a huge difference in it's value.

As for your earlier mention about the cost of the books, if you go directly to B&D publishing, Dietrich Maerz's books can be had without the crazy mark up you find when looking on Ebay or Amazon. Personally I think it is a must to have a good reference book on any type of badge I collect and Maerz's books are incredibly detailed and full of information, but that is just me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Any good?
    P
    Many

Thank you, having spent 8 years in Germany, graduating there and then spending another year and a half studying German translation at the university, I think my translations convey what was said by Mr Maertz, while keeping most of the nuances of how things were said as well.

Couldn't agree with you more on your other statements: I've stored the full conversation as a pdf, backed it up and printed it out! I managed to get a hold of the book for a reasonable price too in the end and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail now!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4