Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?

Article about: Saw this at the local show today. Not mint but IMO (correct me if I'm wrong), I would say overall condition is good with nice patina. Marked "1" for Deschler & Sohne What are y

MAP
    ?

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?

Saw this at the local show today. Not mint but IMO (correct me if I'm wrong), I would say overall condition is good with nice patina.

Marked "1" for Deschler & Sohne

What are your thoughts? Good? Bad?

I've compared to the one Ned posted in this thread. I'm on the fence. some things look good and others (the date and wreath around the date for example) are questionable. Not helped by the quality of my pictures which I had to try and take quickly so I was not noticed

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...s-gold-529514/

Hoping it is good. If so what is a fair price?

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-12-2015 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold help -Real?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Anyone? As noted, if this is legit, while not mint, if could pick it up for the right price I would go for it.

I see full blown dealer prices around $2k+ This is priced at almost $1.6k but hopefully can get it for $1.2k.

Good deal? Or should I walk.

But first need help on originality.

Thanks,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Mike,

That's $1600 worth of pain. Keeping it brief, the wreath, date shield, pin, maker mark, rivets and back plate all show non typical details that would make me walk away without a second glance. It's not a bad effort by any means and would fool many, but it's still a bogus one.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Glad you checked with the Forum first, and thanks to Ned for adding his expertise!!...
    Glenn

MAP
    ?

And so I thought. I was wary as there were some things I saw that concerned me as well.

You feedback as usual is so helpful. Hope Santa is good to you this year. Well deserved.

MAP
    ?

I practice what I preach.

Alway checking. I fully expected it to be fake. And for this $ I was taking no chances.

Ned (and others) are a godsend to us.