Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.

Article about: Hi,i know these are common medals, but i have seen several over the years in mint condition with ribbon and packet by this maker (see packet) .Did someone find a long lost stash somewhere or

Default Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.

Hi,i know these are common medals, but i have seen several over the years in mint condition with ribbon and packet by this maker
    (see packet) .Did someone find a long lost stash somewhere
    or are they fakes.

Cheers Brookes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 05-17-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: West Wall Medal

There was indeed a cashe found some years ago now. The medal and packet are original but the ribbon will more than likely be fake. Most were missing the ribbon. If you blacklight the ribbon with UV light, it will glow very brightly. I have one myself.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the info Ade.Although common i quite like the design of
    these.Would these be the first issues or the second late war issues.

Thanks Brookes.

These are later issues and are made of zink with a bronze wash finsh. Early issues are much better quality and made of buntmetal.

Cheers, Ade.

Hal
    ?

Default Re: West Wall Medal, packet printing error.

Hi Brookes, thanks for showing your WW medal. I have one from the same batch but the MM on packet is marked Schrobenha'u'sen, whereas yours is marked Schrobenha'n'sen; the 'u' printed upside-down, but this was a printing error and correct for the time period,IMO. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.  

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.  

Looks like I have one too.
    Tom

I'm in the same boat. The medal is very common un-issued but an original ribbon will always be the issue.

It appears that a majority of ribbons offered are repo. so you must do the proper testing to obtain an original. Do not take the word of a seller at any time for any reason.

rgds, Ty

Simple, nicely designed medal....................I like them ! !

Heard there are WW's with maker marked rings. Could someone show us one?

Pictured - sorry if the quality is poor - is my favorite EK/WW set, followed by a tray full, and some original envelopes. Note there are zinc ones, bronze ones, bronze plated tombak etc. and one that appears to be lightly frosted gold, plus a miniature ( possibly modern ) Also a photo of westwall recipients WEARING their awards!

It's my belief( for what it's worth ) that the ribbons and probably most of the Schrobenhansen/schrobenhausen envelopes are replicas, but the medals themselves are good.

As shown, the original envelopes I have are made of heavier paper and the texture is different. There seems to be a coating of some type on them, but it could simply be the "manilla" type of paper stock used.

Great medals !.............. Period pieces still plentiful and still relatively inexpensive if you look for them.

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.  

Appreciate all the info guys.

cheers Brookes.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Simple, nicely designed medal....................I like them ! !

Heard there are WW's with maker marked rings. Could someone show us one?

Pictured - sorry if the quality is poor - is my favorite EK/WW set, followed by a tray full, and some original envelopes. Note there are zinc ones, bronze ones, bronze plated tombak etc. and one that appears to be lightly frosted gold, plus a miniature ( possibly modern ) Also a photo of westwall recipients WEARING their awards!

It's my belief( for what it's worth ) that the ribbons and probably most of the Schrobenhansen/schrobenhausen envelopes are replicas, but the medals themselves are good.

As shown, the original envelopes I have are made of heavier paper and the texture is different. There seems to be a coating of some type on them, but it could simply be the "manilla" type of paper stock used.

Great medals !.............. Period pieces still plentiful and still relatively inexpensive if you look for them.
    Great collection Walkwolf

Puts my one WW medal to shame!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast