Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.

Article about: A new addition to my collection. I have one of these with ribbon already but, when I saw this done in a parade mount and with ribbon bar, I had to have it. When the seller shipped it, he did

Default Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.

A new addition to my collection. I have one of these with ribbon already but, when I saw this done in a parade mount and with ribbon bar, I had to have it.
    When the seller shipped it, he did not put anything behind the pin mount and only put it in a bubble envelope. When I received it the pin mount had been flattened, (probably when it went through the sorting facility). When I tried to straighten the pin, the solder broke loose. I inspected it and felt that I would be able to repair it. I made close note of the stitching as I took it apart and re-soldered the pin on properly. I then restitched it using the same thickness and type of thread. There is heavier thread holding the ribbons on and lighter thread holding the backing on. I also utilized the old sewing holes to sew it back together. It is now exactly as I received it except the pin is secure and straight.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.  

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, parade mount, unmarked.

Nice parade mount, seldom seen on its own.
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Nice parade mount, seldom seen on its own.
    Morris
    Thank you!
    I think that is what attracted me to it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Good looking mount Ralph and as Morris says, not encountered too often. Thank you for posting.

Shame you had to repair it though but you obviously did a good job on it. Is there enough room there to tuck the ribbon ring behind the folds of the ribbon?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

You did a good job on the repair,always annoying when a dealer does not package things well enough(even if they make it safe and sound!),you would think they would take more care as these THIRD REICH things don't come cheap!! Leon.

What a nice find !

Congrats Ralph

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Good looking mount Ralph and as Morris says, not encountered too often. Thank you for posting.

Shame you had to repair it though but you obviously did a good job on it. Is there enough room there to tuck the ribbon ring behind the folds of the ribbon?
    Thanks Adrian!
    Yes, it is a shame. I am unable to tuck the clip behind the ribbon as the ribbons are quite tight. I thought of changing it a little to do this but decided to put it back together just the way I received it.
    Ralph.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    You did a good job on the repair,always annoying when a dealer does not package things well enough(even if they make it safe and sound!),you would think they would take more care as these THIRD REICH things don't come cheap!! Leon.
    Thanks Leon!
    Not a dealer so I understand why it was shipped this way. I have received others where there was just a piece of corrugated cardboard behind the fastening pin. It was enough to stop the pin assembly from getting flattened.
    Ralph.

?

That's fair enough Ralph, the ribbons do look a bit tight, they look so much tidier when the rings and hooks are hidden from view.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    What a nice find !

Congrats Ralph

Nick
    Thanks Nick!
    Happy to get this one.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast