Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten Lot

Article about: Hello Guys, I've come into contact with a dealer and he has 4 medals for sale and I'm looking at buying all of them. I'm not to sure on these medals, the ribbon on the one West Wall medal lo

Default Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten Lot

Hello Guys,

I've come into contact with a dealer and he has 4 medals for sale and I'm looking at buying all of them.
    I'm not to sure on these medals, the ribbon on the one West Wall medal looks off and they "don't glow" but that doesn't mean to much in the world of collecting now days.

Thanks for your help

Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten  Lot   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten  Lot  

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten  Lot   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten  Lot  

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten  Lot  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten  Lot
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen and Winterschlacht Im Osten Lot

Hi Cody,

Personally, I'd ask for clear front on shots of all of these awards. These images are not the best, and you should request more in my opinion.

Cheers,

Carl

From what I can see, they all look good, but these are
    also very common medals.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Why is the ribbon different on the one medal?
    I could ask for better pics, but if it looks 90% good from these then I'll take the risk.

thanks everyone!

The colour of the ribbons could be variances of manufacturer, or, one of
    them may be a repro. There is a theory that later, original awards by
    'Karl Poelath, Schrobenhausen' are original medals supplied with
    repro packets and ribbon.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The 2 Russian Fronts look like they may have zink pest...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

They look ok from those pics.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Cody,
    All the medals and ribbons are original but as pointed out, very common and there is zinc pest on a couple. If the dealer can cut you a deal for the lot at a very good price then there's no reason not to buy them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

They would want to be cheap, much better examples out there for sure.

The dealer wants $25 for each West Wall and $35 for each Russian Fronts. I'm looking at getting at least 1 each, because I just don't have these.
    What is Zinc Pest? I'm sort of new to the medals world, I only have a few EK2's.

Thanks
    Cody

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast