Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did Assmann make a Heeres Flakabzeichen?

Article about: Gentlemen, I ask the question above regarding Assmann making a Heeres Flakabzeichen because I can only find the Luftwaffe version on the internet. I saw one last week that looked too good to

Default Did Assmann make a Heeres Flakabzeichen?

Gentlemen, I ask the question above regarding Assmann making a Heeres Flakabzeichen because I can only find the Luftwaffe version on the internet.

I saw one last week that looked too good to be true; mint condition, cheap price and the dealer had a matching pair. Sorry no pictures, but if I see him tomorrow when I am visiting a militaria fair, I will try and get some photos. Meanwhile if Assmann didn't make such an item , I can save my time.

many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Did Assmann make a Heeres Flakabzeichen?
    P
    Many

I looked in my Assmann and Sohne catalog and I didn't see one, but I am not sure if the catalog has all the badges and decorations in it that the firm made. It lists over 1,250 metal uniform accoutrements that the firm made..

Not sure though if a Heer example was made by them

Smitty

Not that I am aware of.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

raz
    ?

Not one mentioned in Mark Garlasco's book except the fake he shows as a Forster & Barth marked with mm A . Hope this helps .

OK gentlemen, here is a picture of the offending item for your opinions. Not the best pictures due to the venue lighting, but even if it is a fake, it might be a warning to others out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did Assmann make a Heeres Flakabzeichen?   Did Assmann make a Heeres Flakabzeichen?  

Did Assmann make a Heeres Flakabzeichen?   Did Assmann make a Heeres Flakabzeichen?  

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    OK gentlemen, here is a picture of the offending item for your opinions. Not the best pictures due to the venue lighting, but even if it is a fake, it might be a warning to others out there.
    That explains it, this is the mark of Hermann Aurich.
    This example is not original, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The badge you are showing has the maker mark of Herman Aurich.. Perhaps this one is alright...

Smitty

Sorry for the confusion regarding the maker. A difference of opinion though regarding authenticity because if it is real I would certainly like to but it.

The eagle's head is incorrect, the tool mark at the top of the pin should not be there, and the hinge should be constructed like this one.
    Ralph.

Thanks Ralph. I shall defer to your advice and give this one a miss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast