Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

did I just bid on a fake medal? lol

Article about: hm kinda jumped into bidding the asking £40 price for a ww1? iron cross? dunno much about those medals but they look kinda cool so always wanted one, very similar design to knights templar s

Default did I just bid on a fake medal? lol

hm kinda jumped into bidding the asking £40 price for a ww1? iron cross? dunno much about those medals but they look kinda cool so always wanted one, very similar design to knights templar symbology

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

anyone know if its genuine or fake?

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images did I just bid on a fake medal? lol  did I just bid on a fake medal? lol  did I just bid on a fake medal? lol 
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-29-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: PhotoS added reference.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement did I just bid on a fake medal? lol
    P
    Many

Default Re: did I just bid on a fake medal? lol

Hi, its a WW2 marked 24. Cant tell for sure if genuine from those shadowy pics, looks promising though, shame there isnt a pic of the obverse

I dont think you will ever know if it came from Kursk!
    Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 09-29-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I think you could be lucky there, fare enough it isn’t in the best of condition. I might have been tempted myself if i had seen it. You might be the only bidder because it isn’t listed in the normal listing area for that sort of thing. I hate ebayers that are private you cant see what they have sold before.
    Best of luck
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    I hate ebayers that are private you cant see what they have sold before.
    I usually stay away from sellers with private listings and hidden feedback.... what kind of honest seller could possibly benefit from such conduct? Not saying that all private listings are bad, I just tend to be very weary of them... that's all. Not a collector of medals so I won't be commenting on the actual item in question... good luck!

I think you could be lucky there, fare enough it isn’t in the best of condition. I might have been tempted myself if i had seen it. You might be the only bidder because it isn’t listed in the normal listing area for that sort of thing. I hate ebayers that are private you cant see what they have sold before.
    Best of luck
    Rod
    You need to take a closer look Rodder's. He appears to sell a lot of old coins and odd bits of jewelery. I'm thinking M.D. enthusiast.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would suggest posting pictures for review and THEN bidding. lol

I totally agree with all that you mention slados28 I don’t trust private listings either .(why do they do it?)
    I think you could be right Ned (tempted to call you Neddy lol)
    Rodders lol

I totally agree with all that you mention slados28 I don’t trust private listings either .(why do they do it?)
    I think you could be right Ned (tempted to call you Neddy lol)
    Rodders lol
    Feel free old boy, plenty of others do.......plus other fruitier ones from certain members here too I would imagine!!!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    .......plus other fruitier ones from certain members here too I would imagine!!!
    You've exhausted the regular ones Ned, now we have to make new words up!

Only joking.

As to the medal, an original '24', did you win it? If so, please post some better pics when you get it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

He He He!! If you give it you gotta be prepared to take it!! I've got broad shoulders.

Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast