Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938

Article about: Good evening, I am new to stuff like this. Got this cased WW2 German Czech Anschluss Medal also called the Sudetenland Commemorative Medal. Is it authentic? Thanks a lot

Default Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938

Good evening, I am new to stuff like this.
    Got this cased WW2 German Czech Anschluss Medal also called the Sudetenland Commemorative Medal.
    Is it authentic?
    Thanks a lot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938  
    Attached Images Attached Images Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938  Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I am not familiar with these but there are some on here that are. They will be along shortly to help you out.
    That being said, I believe this is a good one.
    If I am wrong, I will be corrected.
    Please read some of the "stickys" above your thread. They will asssist you in understanding the rules and how we like to see things being done on this forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello. Thank You for the answer
    For me it also looks to be a good one, just want to be sure about that
    Best wishes
    Peter.

It looks fine but both medal and case are in poor condition.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks, Nick.
    Yes, the condition is no the best.
    I gave 90$ for it, not a bad deal I think

Peter.

its a good one.

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum. Your award is a nice original piece, it is good to still see it in it's case. I think you paid a fair price for it. One bit of advice I would offer you is that as you are new to buying Third Reich items, post any potential purchases here first for review before parting with your cash. The fakes in this area of collecting are many and getting better all the time. Better to spot a fake one before you buy than try and get a refund after buying. Leon.

?

Smile

Hello,
    It is a good one (but as stated earlier in poor condition, you can find mint examples of these very easy). These medals are the most common of the Flower medals and I think I own at least 12 of these on medal bars.

BTW, is the case red? Red cases are for the Anschluss medal and a dark maroon case is for the Sudetenland medal.

Jody

Hello, Leon.
    Thanks a lot for Your answer. I will definetly post here first before buying something
    With best wishes
    Peter

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    It is a good one (but as stated earlier in poor condition, you can find mint examples of these very easy). These medals are the most common of the Flower medals and I think I own at least 12 of these on medal bars.

BTW, is the case red? Red cases are for the Anschluss medal and a dark maroon case is for the Sudetenland medal.

Jody

Hello, Jody.
    Thank You for answering.
    The case is more like dark maroon.
    Peter