Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Real or fake

Article about: by Adrian I see no problems with either piece Johnny. ditto Nick

?

Default Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Real or fake

Price is 25 euros.What do you think?Is is worth is is orginal?

aukcije.hr - NJEMAƈKA MEDALJA IZ 2.SVJETSKOG RATA - 200,00 kn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Real or fake
    P
    Many

Default re: Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Real or fake

Looks ok to me !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

remember to upload images directly to wrf so that the tread isn't made usless

and where theres a will theres a way lol heres some pictures to help a bit it looks okay to me didn't think these have actually been faked yet
    Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Real or fakeDie Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Real or fake

KSH
    ?

I agree with Nick and Tom - based on the photos it looks like an original example.

@Tom: This medal (Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938) is being faked - the so-called "mask fake" comes to mind right now - but these are rarely seen without the accompanying "Prager Burg"-Spange.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

Kenneth is correct ! I dont think there is a TR award that is not faked

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks nick and kenneth i didn't think the fakers bothered with lower end medals

KSH
    ?

Quote by talltom View Post
    thanks nick and kenneth i didn't think the fakers bothered with lower end medals
    Well, they do. The "East medal" (Die Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten) is also reproduced for instance. The medal in question here is fairly easy to reproduce actually, but it is quite "low-end" on its own, that is correct. But the "Prager Burg"-Spange is also easy to reproduce and when added to the ribbon actually almost triples the value of this medal just about - that is why they do it - it is easy and cheap, and with the Spange attached the medal is actually worth close to a "standard" 1939 EKII.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

Thank you for posting the photos Tom. Kenneth and Nick are absolutely correct, all TR awards are the subject of fakes no matter how lowly they are.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938: Real or fake

What about this ?

?

I see no problems with either piece Johnny.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast