Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 3.Klasse, 12 Jahre box/envelope? Needing help with finding!!!!

Article about: Now I know Ralph will be on my ass for not using the Proper Deutscher Terminologie for this request/medal but I hope he will find some kindness in his heart for my predicament. My best frien

?

Default Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 3.Klasse, 12 Jahre box/envelope? Needing help with finding!!!!

Now I know Ralph will be on my ass for not using the Proper Deutscher Terminologie for this request/medal but I hope he will find some kindness in his heart for my predicament.

My best friend (Grew up with,banged the same girls ,drank from the same quart of beer , Keg parties buddy and went to Marine corp boot camp and served with) has had a 12 year WH service medal that his uncle took from a German soldier during the Battle of the Bulge Stolen. This Gent is my best friend, My Brother during the strife of life who I have sacrificed my life to save his ass without a second thought on numerous occasion. Its what we do for our Brothers!

Now we know how serious I am for my buddy Bob. I have one( the medal) and I know it would not replace the one his uncle took as war booty but I would like to know, Did this award come boxed or was it in an envelope like some medals so I could give it to Bob. So does anybody out there know where I could find a box/envelope/ set???????

Thanks for any and all help with my search to help my Buddy out!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-16-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 3.Klasse, 12 Jahre box/envelope? Needing help with finding!!!!
    P
    Many

These awards were originally issued in an envelope, but these are seldom found with one as they were generally discarded quickly. The ribbon eagles were separately wrapped and came unattached but were in the same envelope. The recipient had to assemble them together. If your friend's uncle got it from a German soldier, I would think that it was without the envelope and already put together. They do have a beauty of one with it's ribbon eagle at the Collectors Guild, if you are interested.(no envelope)
    The Collector's Guild
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you very much William for the info and the link.
    Semper Fi
    Phil