Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DK cloth- opinions please

Article about: A friend has this for sale and I don't think it is good because all of these that I have seen have a metal surround and not a bullion one. It looks very much like a home made item. Can anyon

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: DK cloth- opinions please

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, that is a very nice cross. (Heer or Waffen SS)

Mine has a very dark blue almost black backing so I would call it KM issue.

I bought mine 30 years ago now. I will not upset you all with the price paid back then.

Cheers, Ade.
    You wouldn't upset me! 50 years ago I paid $3 for an SA dagger! $10 for a chained SS dagger! You know I was told by the guy I bought the Cross from that it was Waffen SS. But Dietrich stated in his book it was a Heer-unissued Cross. Is he wrong, do you think? I hope so, because I have a Waffen SS Award certificate for a Silver DK!

2. # ADS

Quote by schnellmann View Post
    Y I was told by the guy I bought the Cross from that it was Waffen SS. But Dietrich stated in his book it was a Heer-unissued Cross. Is he wrong, do you think? I hope so, because I have a Waffen SS Award certificate for a Silver DK!
    Now that would be neat!!
    Tom

Given that the backing to the cross is Feldgrau and that is universal for the Heer or Waffen SS uniform, it can be what you want it to be. Heer is the most likely though.

Cheers, Ade.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Given that the backing to the cross is Feldgrau and that is universal for the Heer or Waffen SS uniform, it can be what you want it to be. Heer is the most likely though.

Cheers, Ade.
    I should have thought of that! I guess I will call it a Waffen SS Cross AGAIN. When I saw Dietrich refering to it as a Heer Cross, I was bummed out! Thanks for cheering me up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2