Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DKiG Zimmerman, Light

Article about: Cheers Cameron,Its a very nice cross in my eyes so Im more than happy with it!!! Ger I don't know who let go of this cross!!!!!...Some Jelly head..lol.. no Im more than happy with it so than

?

Default Re: DKiG Zimmerman, Light

Terry, are you overseas at the moment?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DKiG Zimmerman, Light
    P
    Many

Quote by Tango View Post
    Cheers Guys I knew I would get one some day!!! Just a matter of saving lol.. No Christmas now its been cancelled...beans on toast for a few weeks..lol..Ned what one do you have?? Is much difference? Cheers Terry.
    Hi Terry,

Mine's a 134 Otto Klein piece. The wreath is, IMO, identical in both Zimmermann 20's and Klein crosses. This is open to conjecture though, for instance, some claim the L/52 marked Zimmermann's are from a different die. Also, die wear, pressure of the strike and slight variations on finish have been cited as for and against this supposition, so it's arguable I guess. Makers were prone to using certain other maufacturers parts by agreement in many cases of various TR awards, a good example seeing we're talking about Deutsche Kreuz's in Gold is the cloth version, where it seems that the gold wreaths on them are all of the Junker design.

A certain couple of differences is a.) The rear set up is completely different on the two awards, and b.) The Klein does not have the 11 o'clock flaw on the sunburst that is seen on all Zimmermann's.

Regarding the impression of the EK on the lid, as I said it's not uncommon that they were stored together, I've seen the same marks before. Remember, to be awarded the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold, the recipient first had to hold the 1939 EK1, or the Spange to the 1914 EK1.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Congrats Terry, what an addition Beautiful

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

DAN, thats as far as I can push the boat out lol..!!!!
    ADRIAN, yep overseas AGAIN I spend half my life overseas...Not Army any more civvie job now...So the pay is a little better lol.& when I get home in December its going to be like Christmas come early..lol...
    NED, thanks for the Info I didn't know that about the Ek1 & the DKiG...Always a font of knowledge cheers Terry.
    NICK,Thanks for the thumbs up...I can sleep easy knowing I've got your thumbs up lol Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    ADRIAN, yep overseas AGAIN I spend half my life overseas...
    And that's why you bought it. Aly might have cooled down slightly by the time you get back!

Only joking, it's a very nice piece and one to keep and admire.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Sorry for the delay Adrian , went off to bed...4 hours in front here...lol..Aly is a good girl she isn't bothered providing she gets something too lol....So everything costs double thats why Im skint..... lol.. Cheers Terry.

?

HI Terry,

man you got a great Cross! i wonder who has been so stupid to let go on that beauty!
    Enjoy it, just like i did!
    Next friday ill be on Skype, same time!

Cheers Ger

Hi

A very nice example of a Deutsche Kreuz. Its even better to have the original case!

Thanks for posting.

Cameron

Hello Terry,
    Lovely medal. Glad I'm not the only one to cancel Christmas, spent the money on a WW1 Luger!
    Happy beans on toast,
    Best regards,
    Guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DKiG Zimmerman, Light   DKiG Zimmerman, Light  

?

Guy like the look of that Luger I'm after 1 myself sometime!!!..but that will have to wait a while...I think Im going to treat myself today & have beans on toast with cheese... Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast