Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class

Article about: This is from gottleib's site; In 1938 he was named leader of Organization Todt, a para-military building organization, which constructed the West Wall and other military fortifications. He a

?

Default Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    This one is out of the woodwork. Is this a gem or junk? It is marked with a "1" on the pin Deschler & Sohn looks like it is silvered zinc... The construction looks consistent with some others out there I have seen. However, this is an award that is duplicated for obvious reasons. What do you think?

Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class   Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class  

Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class   Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class  

Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class
    P
    Many

?

Not being a medals guy it appears to be sand cast to me.

I quite like it. The horizontal striations on the reverse and the gritty appearance of the finish look as per originals i've seen, but i'm no expert on these and the MM looks a bit slapdash and the catch a bit chunky to me. It'll be interesting to see what others more in the know think.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Original IMO. Finish survived quite good too. Hard piece to find and one I would love to add to my collection.
    Congratulations

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

?

Ok, thanks for the opinions so far guys. I like it but as Ned pointed out the 1 looks pretty irregular and I agree the catch looks chunky. However, I am hoping this has a chance. I have not found a similar marked Deschler to compare it to. I would love to give this one a new home only if authentic period.
    Thanks,
    Anzel

I think it is good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Does anyone have one of these in their collection? Please step forward.

Thanks Adrian for your vote!!

Note the "milled" looking lines to the back of the badge. A very good sign on original zinc versions.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

imo good.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Note the "milled" looking lines to the back of the badge. A very good sign on original zinc versions.

Cheers, Ade.
    That is focusing on the positive Adrian. I do like those milled lines that I have noticed on other authentic ones. Just curious about the catch and the size of the 1 stamp. The lettering on the front of the award looked a little off but that may be exfoliating finish obscuring its true lines. Thank you Adrian for all you do here!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast