Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DRL Sportabzeichen- opinions please

Article about: Hi guys, a few weeks ago I bought a DRL sportabzeichen which I posted here and was advised by Big Ned and one or two others to exchange it for something less controversial. This was because

Default DRL Sportabzeichen- opinions please

Hi guys,

a few weeks ago I bought a DRL sportabzeichen which I posted here and was advised by Big Ned and one or two others to exchange it for something less controversial. This was because it was likekly to have been a post war production piece.

Well, here is my replacement and I invite you all to pass comment. There is still some golden coloured gilt on the left side, but I think it is actually a bronze one, unless somebody knows different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRL Sportabzeichen- opinions please   DRL Sportabzeichen- opinions please  

DRL Sportabzeichen- opinions please   DRL Sportabzeichen- opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRL Sportabzeichen- opinions please
    P
    Many

A little rough around the edges but honest!...

It's a good original badge in silver. The base metal is the yellow tombak you can see that was then copper coated to help the adherence of the silver top finish, it's a nice item.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It is original but I can't help thinking there is something odd about the finish on this badge. There appears to be no real wear on the letters on the front, yet the wreath on both sides, (where it would be more or less protected), are heavily worn. I also think the catch and hinge exhibit signs of heat due to the color. Also, the condition of the finish on the reverse looks odd , it is well protected and should not look this way.
    Here is my quite worn example, you can compare and form your own opinions.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It is original but I can't help thinking there is something odd about the finish on this badge. There appears to be no real wear on the letters on the front, yet the wreath on both sides, (where it would be more or less protected), are heavily worn. I also think the catch and hinge exhibit signs of heat due to the color. Also, the condition of the finish on the reverse looks odd , it is well protected and should not look this way.
    Here is my quite worn example, you can compare and form your own opinions.
    Ralph.

HI,

I suppose it must have been kept under unfavourable conditions. The dealer was selling various items on behalf of another dealer's widow and all his items had been given to him over several decades. He never paid a penny for any of the items on sale.

all I can say is its original.