Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!

Article about: Hello all, I've been offered this 2nd pattern eastern front medal by my friend. From what I've seen it looks ok, but I'd like to get a second opinion. The detailing looks good and the ribbon

?

Smile Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!

Hello all, I've been offered this 2nd pattern eastern front medal by my friend. From what I've seen it looks ok, but I'd like to get a second opinion. The detailing looks good and the ribbon appears to be replacement/brand new. I've been told that the maker is #90 August F. Richter KG Hamburg. Sorry for the pictures, they are all I have! All opinions welcomed. Cheers, skip01.

Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eastern Front Medal/Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/2 Medal - Opinions Please!
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me but as you thought it looks like a non original ribbon, that white area at about 2 o'clock on the rim looks like the start of zinc pest, give it a smear of vaseline!..

I agree with Gunny about the Vaseline bath. The ribbon, I can't tell from the pics. Nice Ost. Stewy

Hello

This is a good OM.
    Its not a 90 though, they did not make Ostmedaillen.

The picture is far to small to make out the maker mark.

But this is a OM 30 you have there.
    They are not sen that often with a maker mark, but are fairly common with out it.
    But OM 30 has very distinct features witch are easy to spot.

I would go for it

its a good one.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Looks fine to me but as you thought it looks like a non original ribbon, that white area at about 2 o'clock on the rim looks like the start of zinc pest, give it a smear of vaseline!..
    A smear of Vaseline always makes things smoother.

?

Thanks for the quick replies, much appreciated I'll pick this one up then. Cheers, skip01.

In addition to giving it a bit of preservative I would also caution against handling the medal. Get it into an acid free holder or display case so you can look at it without handling. NH

?

Thanks for the advice, Neil Hever. After a slick of Vaseline, I'll be putting this in a plastic medal slip case for safe (acid free) keeping