Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broach

Article about: I like it Rod. These are highly sought after by Mutterkreuz collectors. I've been looking for another for a long time. Here's a similar one from my collection:

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broach

Hi guys i would like to hear your opinions on this little broach.
    Apparently it was found at the bottom of a box of British campaign medals bought at an auction and was the only German item in it.
    It was offered to me for £8 so i couldn’t resist taking a wee chance with it.
    Have any of you guys seen or got a cross like this or is it a well made fantasy piece.
    Again thanks for your opinions
    Rod
    Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broachEhrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broachEhrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broachEhrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broach

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broach
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter broach

It is not a fantasy piece i am pretty certain of that. IMO it is original, the brooch was an added addition by the recipient for everyday wear. A steal for £8!
    Thanks, Glen.

Nice catch with a nice catch methinks!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I must admit it looked good to me , you cant really see in the pictures but it has the graining behind the blue enamel. Unfortunately the centre disk is slightly of centre though.
    Again its another thing that i cant seem to find another example of which is why i questioned it.
    Thanks
    Rod

Very nice and very collectable

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I agree with Nick.
    I believe the brooch pin was added before the finish was put on.
    I am keeping my eyes open, would love to find a silver with this attachment method.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I agree with Nick.
    I believe the brooch pin was added before the finish was put on.
    I am keeping my eyes open, would love to find a silver with this attachment method.
    Ralph.
    Thanks guys for your input
    I see you have very nice mothers cross’s Ralph they are a very attractive award indeed. Congrats.
    You are correct it has had its finish applied after it was attached to the pin.
    When you say you would like to find a silver award with this type of attachment. I was wondering do have a bronze and a gold with this type of attachment already.
    Best regards
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Thanks guys for your input
    I see you have very nice mothers cross’s Ralph they are a very attractive award indeed. Congrats.
    You are correct it has had its finish applied after it was attached to the pin.
    When you say you would like to find a silver award with this type of attachment. I was wondering do have a bronze and a gold with this type of attachment already.
    Best regards
    Rod
    Hello Rod, Thanks for your compliment!
    No, I do not have any with this attachment method. It is just that my grandmother was awarded the silver and finding one would go nicely with the full size and miniature silver that I have from her.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Rod, Thanks for your compliment!
    No, I do not have any with this attachment method. It is just that my grandmother was awarded the silver and finding one would go nicely with the full size and miniature silver that I have from her.
    Ralph.
    I understand now Ralph
    I cant find another like this anywhere but they must exist somewhere.
    I hope very much that you find a silver one for your set. And hope it comes soon.
    All the best
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    I understand now Ralph
    I cant find another like this anywhere but they must exist somewhere.
    I hope very much that you find a silver one for your set. And hope it comes soon.
    All the best
    Rod
    Thanks Rod,
    please keep me in mind should you find one.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast