Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, genuine or not?

Article about: Does anyone know of a good thread on spotting a fake Mother's Cross? I would love to collect a set and already bought this bronze below, but after reading some threads and looking at some of

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, genuine or not?

Does anyone know of a good thread on spotting a fake Mother's Cross? I would love to collect a set and already bought this bronze below, but after reading some threads and looking at some of the fakes, I am not sure I ended up with a good one.

Will you take a look and give me some feedback, please? I had a little blur on the first image.

Last edited by rbminis; 08-28-2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology and to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, genuine or not?
    P
    Many

This example is an original. You need to look at the long points on the "rays" as fakes are more blunt. Also look through the blue enamel, you should see a texture beneath it.

When starting a thread in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum, please read these two threads and keep them in mind.

The Use of German Terminology.
    Contains the English and German names for the awards.

Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Information about the uploading of photos in the correct orientation.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My apologies for both. Thank you for the response and the correction to the title.

A nice example and well photographed!...

Good cross in really nice codition

regards
    Tomasz

I see no issues with this one, a nice clean original. Leon.

Hello,
    that is a really nice original bronze cross with a lovely patina to it and an original piece of ribbon.

Ralph points out what some reproductions look like and it is true quite a few have more blunted rays than originals but the more I study these crosses the more I am inclined to think that there were quite a few made post 1945.

I started my original research and it just keeps on getting bigger.
    I currently have a list of 83 makers of all classes of the MK
    Here is the link below:
    Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!

All the best
    Doug

Doug/Saladin,

Thank you for the post. That is a great thread! I'm trying to digest everything. I subscribed to the thread.