Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste - prototype? Help authenticating

Article about: So I feel I'm clogging up the forums of late but I've been looking endlessly at Militaria of late and whilst searching to complete my Mutter collection I found this. It appears to be one of

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste - prototype? Help authenticating

So I feel I'm clogging up the forums of late but I've been looking endlessly at Militaria and whilst searching to complete my Mutter collection I found this.

It appears to be one of the really early ones that were not issued (which makes me wary of its authenticity) and I have never heard of this seller so is this genuine or not?

Already having a beautiful gold in my new collection I wasn't looking for a gold but this came up regardless and if it is the original prototype and original I would imagine it being quite desirable?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste - prototype? Help authenticating
    P
    Many

Hi Bex..I know there were 2 variant types of wording on these Gold mothers crosses ..and surely one of the Awards Gents can bring that thread up and offer greater assistance. The variant you show is the rare inscription without the 1938 date.

Be patient and someone will be along shortly to examine the inscription and the award as a whole.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Bex,
    It is a fake first model Mothers Cross.
    Here is another Fake from the same maker.

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste - prototype? Help authenticatingEhrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste - prototype? Help authenticating

They are available as collection fillers for around £16

From the pictures it looks like the ribbon is a reproduction as well...

Doug

Phew - that's what I thought. Glad I didn't buy it now!

Thanks Doug!

Hi there, if ever you can find a genuine one for the price of a 2nd type, you will be sitting on a fortune. Some European web sites list them as going for 2000 Euros. That alone should give you some indication of authenticity.

Ahh good to know - so it's a case of way too good to be true then!

It certainly is. Check out this website if you like Ehrenkreuze. You will see one for 2,500 euros which was a genuine prototype.

https://www.weitze.net/cgi-bin/suche...utschen+mutter

Oooo they have a miniature gold and silver which I've been looking for!

Let us know if you get them.

Will do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast