Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that I would share my "Mothers Crosses" with you. First I will show the bronze grade for having 4 or 5 children. Cheers, Ade.

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

Hi Guys, I thought that I would share my "Mothers Crosses" with you.

First I will show the bronze grade for having 4 or 5 children.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter   Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

Here is the silver grade for 6 or 7 children.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter  Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter 

Gold version in case of issue. Only the gold cross was presented in a case, lower grades were awarded in a paper packet.

Awarded for having 8 or more children.

A thread here showing the cross in wear:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...en-mutter.html
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter   Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter  

Minature bronze version on a ribbow bow. These were an optional private purchase item and were for everyday wear.

The Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter was a respected decoration. Members of the HJ were required to salute a woman they might pass on the street if she was wearing the award.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter  Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter 

Nice Mothers Cross ! have you a first pattern with motto : DAS KIND ADELT DIE MUTTER !

Hi Pierre, I wish I had! I have only ever seen photos of that rare 1st pattern.

Cheers, Ade.

Thumbs up Re: Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

Hi Adrian & Pierre

I recently sold most of my civil awards, but I still have a Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Gold.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Members of the HJ were required to salute a woman they might pass on the street if she was wearing the award.
    Thats interesting, I didn't know that.

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    Nice Mothers Cross ! have you a first pattern with motto : DAS KIND ADELT DIE MUTTER !
    He wished...

Greetz

Nick VR

Yeah one of the nicest looking of all the 3rd Reich awards I think, I had a nice collection of these years ago and sold them all off, I sort of regret that now, and am tempted to get a set again, bugger ya Ade, Tempting!!
    (I suppose it is nice to get something for having kids apart from grey hair and worry).

I did see a 1st pattern Mutterkreuz for sale on one of the militaria sites a couple of months back, I don't remember the price but it made my eyes water at the time, damned expensive, and that is the only one that I have ever seen for sale, a rare critter indeed.

Bob

Beate
    ?

I have the miniature and wear it occasionally at re-enactment events as seen on these two pictures.

Cheers,
    Beate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter