Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

EK 1 & KVK 1 , any one an idea of the EK1 maker? as it has no marks

Article about: I recently got this beauty but it has no maker mark, anyone has a clue? also had a great KVK 1 it curved and marked with a "1" (Deschler & Sohn München) its a pretty set:

?

Default EK 1 & KVK 1 , any one an idea of the EK1 maker? as it has no marks

I recently got this beauty but it has no maker mark, anyone has a clue?

also had a great KVK 1 it curved and marked with a "1"
    (Deschler & Sohn München)

its a pretty set:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK 1 & KVK 1 , any one an idea of the EK1 maker? as it has no marks
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK 1 & KVK 1 , any one an idea of the EK1 maker? as it has no marks

Hello
    unfortunately I have not so good news, the KVK is a good one with the small 1 on pin but the EKI is modern copy..

I have not seen a pin set up like the one on the EK1 before, I agree with Fabri it is a fake.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Well...what can i say?

I had a slight feeling this could be a bad one......
    Thx you both for your knowledge...but it still makes me feel sad.
    The collector i made this deal with got it from a genuine dutch dealer a few years ago.
    He directly offered me another trade, and he feels fooled by this dealer, ( second time this happend)
    So im pleased by his reaction, but its one of the reasons to stop collecting medals.
    a lot of fakes in the market

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well...what can i say?

I had a slight feeling this could be a bad one......
    Thx you both for your knowledge...but it still makes me feel sad.
    The collector i made this deal with got it from a genuine dutch dealer a few years ago.
    He directly offered me another trade, and he feels fooled by this dealer, ( second time this happend)
    So im pleased by his reaction, but its one of the reasons to stop collecting medals.
    a lot of fakes in the market
    I hope one bad experience won't put you off. There are fakes out there it's true but continuing to collect and learn will arm you with the tools to purchase originals and if you're not sure, there are plenty of people here willing to advise you. Put this one down to a learning experience and move forward!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian is right, we have ALL been stung with a fake. It the worst feeling but look at it as a key learning curve. Check with the guys in the know before your buy is a simple and safe rule

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thx Ade & Nick,

it's the first reaction that comes after a bad trade like this one, it will not stop me from buying.
    I collected amo and uniforms for over 20 years till the real good repro's got on the market,then i stopped with the uniforms.
    I stopped with the amo because a lot was not on permit, i gave it all away to a museum, we're talking a huge amount of amo here.
    Now a days i buy stuff i like, daggers, swords etc because i can, i buy and resell them, enjoy them for a while and afterwards i try to make other collectors happy with them.
    i dont need large profits like dealers do, i love this stuff, as long as i can remember i collect army stuff, so as long as it doesnt costs me too much money i resell them.
    but things like fake awards etc. still pissing me off......

Cheers,
    Ger