Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello, new to the forum. I recently bought a 4 pieces from the granddaughter of a WWII vet. The story was that he brought them back from Germany. The assault badge just makes me nervous beca

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hello, new to the forum. I recently bought a 4 pieces from the granddaughter of a WWII vet. The story was that he brought them back from Germany. The assault badge just makes me nervous because I know that there are reproductions out there, and I most definitely have been lied to before. I tried to take a few detailed pictures, I really WANT to believe its real but I'm sure there is someone here that has a more expert eye.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Last edited by thanson; 09-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum, I myself cannot comment on the GAB . It's best to place the tinnies in a separate thread.
    MORRIS

?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Your Erdkampfabzeichen is a good original piece, I can't help with the maker unfortunately. The catch looks like it's been re-attached at some point judging from the clean area, perhaps you could take some additional pics of it?

Your tinnies should be posted in the Non Combat sub forum so the guys there can tell you about them. As Morris says, it's best to start a separate thread for separate items, it makes discussion much easier. There is a pinned thread at the top of this page about it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

thank you both for the info, and I edited the thread to put the tinnies in a new thread like suggested. I'm relieved to find out the Luftwaffe badge is real, It does look as though the catch had been removed and then reattached....the same thing on the tinnies. My guess is the Vet removed all the catches to display them on a flat surface then later put them back on?

out of curiousity, what do you look for when determining real from a fake? Also without a maker mark is there anyway to figure out who made it?

quality detail,unless its maker mark I would not have a clue,makers don't interest me much.

- - Updated - -

PS its good

?

Quote by thanson View Post
    out of curiousity, what do you look for when determining real from a fake? Also without a maker mark is there anyway to figure out who made it?
    Experience, research, time and study.

There is no shortcut to get experience. You will pick it up as you go along in this great hobby. The forum is here to use and the members are here to advise in your quest for knowledge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

well put Adrian.