Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin.

Article about: Hey so I was wondering, I'm looking to get my father in law a present and since I know he loves these I have been looking around for a nice pin for him. I found one on this website LUFTWAFFE

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin.

Hey so I was wondering,
    I'm looking to get my father in law a present and since I know he loves these I have been looking around for a nice pin for him. I found one on this website
    And I was wondering if 1) this website is trustworthy to buy my stuff off (I'm completely new to anything army related) and 2) if this is an actual Osang one and not a cheap fake?
    And I really have no clue if a pin without a pin is worth that price?
    I'm hoping anyone can help me cause I'm getting desperate!

Kind regards

Kim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin.   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin.  

Attached Images Attached Images Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin.  Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin.  Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin. 
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-13-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology and add photos to thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe with broken pin.
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Kim!

The badge is a genuine G.H.Osang Erdkampfabzeichen with the Nickel Silver eagle. Unfortunately the missing hardware reduces it's collector appeal and therefore it's value. I personally don't believe it's worth anywhere near the asking price, but that's subjective. It would display o.k. on a uniform or in a frame at a push, but I would honestly let it pass no matter how cheap. As for the vendor, I am not familiar with him, but the M.u.K. 5 Erdkampfabzeichen on the same page as the one above is a known fake, the makers mark and hardware being wrong.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have uploaded the photos directly to the thread as we refrain from just posting links due to the fact that once the item sells, the thread will become useless. I have also removed the link.
    I agree with pretty much all that Ned has stated.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum, I agree with the guys that this is an original piece. Personally I would advise that you leave this one alone as if your father-in -law is a collector he will be pleased that you thought so seriously about what to get him, but be disappointed with the "gifts" damaged condition. Leon.

Thank you guys so much for y'alls fast reply and the welcome messages!
    I'll let this one go and look for another one, even though I have no clue where to find stuff like this. If you guys have any tips on where to get some nice ones please do shoot!
    I also apologize for the link I should have read the forum rules before posting and not afterwards.

Kind regards

Kim

Quote by Kim Mertens View Post
    Thank you guys so much for y'alls fast reply and the welcome messages!
    I'll let this one go and look for another one, even though I have no clue where to find stuff like this. If you guys have any tips on where to get some nice ones please do shoot!
    I also apologize for the link I should have read the forum rules before posting and not afterwards.

Kind regards

Kim
    This one isn't bad for the money, and at least it's a genuine complete piece. The maker is unknown, but has been linked to Hammer & Sohne due to examples being found with packets named to that maker. I've used the dealer once myself and had no problems.

https://www.militariaplaza.nl/medals...ichen-1-detail

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.