Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge

Article about: I always liked the design of this badge, so I snagged it. Sorry some of the pics aren't the best due to my shakey ass hands. what say ye gents Thanks in Advance General P

Hi, looks fine to me as well, I like the look of these crimped hinge awards. M.U.K 5 used a very similar method to. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge
    P
    Many

To counter the "pitting" and "zinc pest" comments, a little knowledge of the appearance of the finish on R.K. badges does help to show that it is typical of that manufacturer. Take for example the reverse of my GAB 50 by that maker that shows this exact finish that I like to refer to as "Champagne bubbles". It has in the past been difficult for fakers to copy convincingly, but they are now getting better at it, so be vigilant guys.

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Perfect find for the first Erdkampfabzeichen!

Joe

Congratulations on a nice score, I've always liked the striking design of this award as well...The riveted versions have become quite a mine-field (for me) and I finally settled on a simple, late-war one-piece Arno Wallpach-Produced Erdkampfabzeichen...Your Badge is seen as More Desirable by Collectors than this late-war version, btw...
    Well done,
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge  

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    To counter the "pitting" and "zinc pest" comments, a little knowledge of the appearance of the finish on R.K. badges does help to show that it is typical of that manufacturer. Take for example the reverse of my GAB 50 by that maker that shows this exact finish that I like to refer to as "Champagne bubbles". It has in the past been difficult for fakers to copy convincingly, but they are now getting better at it, so be vigilant guys.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned. Your description of the "finish/bubbles" is what I was trying to convey (and learned from many of your prior posts)

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Guys!

Hey Ned that's pretty cool about how the bubbling can be used as a security feature against fakes, I hope the fakers cant ever master it.

The badge that started this thread is 100% original, no doubt about it...

Issue with the badge on this thread.

Shared it with you guys and then locked it away. I missed this issue.

I pulled it out for inspection and re read the thread and the missing rivert comment made me take another good took.

it seems the thread was either pulled out this ends up making it a 2 piece.

looks like it was pealed up or pried out

Perhaps during manufacture the rivet wasn't aligned right during construction.

I tried to take the best pics i could showing the underside of the wing and the peeled up medal.

Hopefully the seller who is a forum member would be willing to return or trade once you fine gentleman let me know what you guys think. first Luftwaffe badge not as good as I thought
    General P

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge

IMO it was like that when you bought it, so "sold as seen" is a valid point here. At the end of the day it doesn't really affect the badge too much, and you did say it wasn't particularly expensive, so perhaps that's the reason. It is what it is, and it's all part of the history of the badge. I personally wouldn't be running for a refund on this one, it's not a really rough example and I'd live with it. Just my opinion, yours however may be different...

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks ned I did get it for a decent number which was just on the right side enough to get me to pull the trigger. I will be keeping it just needed some friendly advice on the issue, thank you sir!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast