Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked

Article about: Could I please call upon your expert opinions please on the following badge. Many thanks once again!

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked

Could I please call upon your expert opinions please on the following badge.

Many thanks once again!

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  UnmarkedErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  Unmarked

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  Unmarked
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked

At first glance I would say it's trying to be an Osang badge but it fails in my opinion as it doesn't match any badge from that maker that I've seen.

It would be good to get a few more opinions of course but my thoughts aren't positive at this stage.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Certainly a hard one to call this Adrian!.I have noted the lack of 'Gonzo' beak on Eagle but apart from that nothing suggests 'low quaility' to my untrained eye.

Mmmm
    Last edited by DAZZA3483; 02-06-2013 at 03:57 PM.

This is difficult! The rear set up is almost right for a late war Osang with an integral eagle, i.e. all one piece. But it has a rivet (or mark of a rivet) on the reverse that should not be there if this is the case.
    If it were trying to be a two piece it doesn't convince me, there are differences that are plain.

Looking at the obverse side, the eagle does appear to be a cast in part of the badge, not separate. Even the odd truncated beak is not unconvincing as this can be found in originals.

If I had to go one way or the other on these pic's, I'd say it's a pretty good attempt at casting a one piece badge from a two piece original, and therefore it's bad....But I can't be 100% sure!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

The other thing that concerns me is the catch plate looks to be formed as part of the badge itself instead of a separately applied piece.

With Ned's observations and my own instinct I would say it's fake and to look for another badge with no 'maybes' hanging over it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The other thing that concerns me is the catch plate looks to be formed as part of the badge itself instead of a separately applied piece.

With Ned's observations and my own instinct I would say it's fake and to look for another badge with no 'maybes' hanging over it.
    Good point about the catch Adrian, I missed that! And as you say, gut feeling says bad, and I won't risk my money on a 'maybe' ever....You'll always be wondering about it everytime you look at it, and that's horrible!

There's plenty more out there without issues, get one of them.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks gents.

fake. for all the given reasons.