Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?

Article about: Hi guys, i need your help about this ground assault badge. Is it good wartime piece? Best regards, Franko

Default Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?

Hi guys, i need your help about this ground assault badge. Is it good wartime piece?
    Best regards, Franko
    Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?
    P
    Many

It looks promising to me Franko but there are some super copies of this badge.
    I would just need to see some good clear photos of the badge front and rear and one with the pin up rather than all those odd angles that you have

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks Doug, i'll try to get better pictures from dealer. Best regards, Franko

I have been staring at it for some time Franko and keep seeing bits I don’t like but nothing specific because the pictures aren’t brilliant.
    Really good pictures are needed
    Cheers
    Doug

The gold finish on the reverse side reminds me in "Schwerin Berlin", but not in Osang.

Also poor eagle details and a wrong reverse set up. This badge let me thinking in the well known faker.

KR
    Joe

Hello Franko,
    leave this one where it is.
    It is indeed a fake:
    Pictures are pretty rough but all the flaws that are in yours are to be found on a hero fake and not on originals.

The obverse is pretty good and the mould has been taken from an original badge IMO

The paint that has been applied (looks like hammerite) has been applied to cover some defects but it didn't work

Pictures are bad but I have the originals to compare.

Cheers
    Doug

Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?

Original pictures to compare

Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?Erdkampfabzeichen, Osang Dresden, Original or fake?

Thanks Doug, again. I think its suspicious enough the fact that dealer didnt send new clearer pictures 24 hours after i asked him to do that. Best regards, Franko

Hi Franko,

Indeed it looks like a fake made by Karsten S (I think that's what Joe mentioned). I got burned once by a badge made by him. It's crazy how fakes like that could be attractive at first sight...

here are some other good ones from Osang to compare with:
    Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, GH Osang Dresden

regards,

Pierre

Yours is very nice original Osang Pierre, hope i'll find some soon, because this is probably most beautiful of all combat badges. Best regards, Franko