Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever heard of the VVK?

Article about: I was wondering if anybody out there has ever heard of the V V K. It looks like some sort of Medical Organisation. But is it Nazi?

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Ever heard of the VVK?

Ever heard of the VVK? I was wondering if anybody out there has ever heard of the V V K. It looks like some sort of Medical Organisation. But is it Nazi?

2. # ADS

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: Ever heard of the VVK?

I finally stumped the forum.

VVK is a common acronym in German for Vorverkauf which means advance purchase. Shot in the dark. Maybe it some kind of advance purchase pin. What's the back of it look like? I'm sure my friend H.P. will graciously correct me if I am wrong.

Take care,
    Jay

Definitely medical with a cadeuseus, but I do not believe
    this is a German pin. Polish or Soviet perhaps.......?
    Regards,

Steve.

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Definitely medical with a cadeuseus, but I do not believe
    this is a German pin. Polish or Soviet perhaps.......?
    The owner said it was "WW 2 German" Since he was lying about WW 2, maybe he was lying about it being German, too.

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    VVK is a common acronym in German for Vorverkauf which means advance purchase. Shot in the dark. Maybe it some kind of advance purchase pin. What's the back of it look like? I'm sure my friend H.P. will graciously correct me if I am wrong.

Take care,
    Jay
    I don't own it, so have no foto of the back. I am 100% positive this is something medical. Medical what?

What does AVV-VVK stand for?
    Alles voor Vlaanderen, Vlaanderen voor Kristus (Dutch: All for Flanders, Flanders for Christ)

This was about the only thing I could track down pretty quickly. I'm not even sure if this is the same thing..maybe some kind of annual memorial pin for this? I dunno, I'm just taking a stab at it. Maybe some of this info will lead to something more substantial. Here is what I found. I cut it right off the pages.....one thing of note..the memorial was rededicated in 1930. The pin shows a small roman numeral VI for the year 1936...six years after rededication, hence my memorial pin theory.

The IJzertoren (Yser Tower) is a memorial along the Belgian Yser river in Diksmuide. There have been two IJzertorens, the first built after the First World War by an organisation of former Flemish soldiers

This is the monument today

....heres's a little more...

A STORY OF FREEDOM AND PEACE

In the First World War the front army consisted mainly of Flemish soldiers, but they were commanded in French. These Flemish soldiers were thus humiliated and oppressed, just because they were Flemish.
    The Flemish soldiers unfolded a triple plan: autonomy (self-government) for Flanders, never war again, nowhere, and peace for everyone whatever their convictions (beliefs).
    Today it means: Freedom, Peace, Tolerance.

THE PILGRIMAGES

To commemorate the Flemish soldiers fallen in battle pilgrimages to the graves of the IJzer were organized from 1920 on. These have developed into the oldest and largest peace gathering in Europe holding the principles of "Peace, Freedom, Tolerance".
    Every year all the soldiers fallen in battle somewhere in the world, especially those fallen in the First World War, are still commemorated on the last Sunday of August.

THE FIRST IJZERTOWER AND ITS DYNAMITIZATION (BLOWING UP)

In 1928 the construction of the 50m high IJzercross started.
    On 24 August 1930, the year of the Belgian centenary, the IJzertower was inaugurated.
    After a first attack in 1945 the IJzertower was completely destroyed in the night of 15-16 March 1946: 'with great skill, efficiently, anonymously and yet known'.

Quote by spectre68 View Post
    What does AVV-VVK stand for?
    Alles voor Vlaanderen, Vlaanderen voor Kristus (Dutch: All for Flanders, Flanders for Christ)

This was about the only thing I could track down pretty quickly. I'm not even sure if this is the same thing..maybe some kind of annual memorial pin for this? I dunno, I'm just taking a stab at it. Maybe some of this info will lead to something more substantial. Here is what I found. I cut it right off the pages.....one thing of note..the memorial was rededicated in 1930. The pin shows a small roman numeral VI for the year 1936...six years after rededication, hence my memorial pin theory.

The IJzertoren (Yser Tower) is a memorial along the Belgian Yser river in Diksmuide. There have been two IJzertorens, the first built after the First World War by an organisation of former Flemish soldiers

This is the monument today

....heres's a little more...

A STORY OF FREEDOM AND PEACE

In the First World War the front army consisted mainly of Flemish soldiers, but they were commanded in French. These Flemish soldiers were thus humiliated and oppressed, just because they were Flemish.
    The Flemish soldiers unfolded a triple plan: autonomy (self-government) for Flanders, never war again, nowhere, and peace for everyone whatever their convictions (beliefs).
    Today it means: Freedom, Peace, Tolerance.

THE PILGRIMAGES

To commemorate the Flemish soldiers fallen in battle pilgrimages to the graves of the IJzer were organized from 1920 on. These have developed into the oldest and largest peace gathering in Europe holding the principles of "Peace, Freedom, Tolerance".
    Every year all the soldiers fallen in battle somewhere in the world, especially those fallen in the First World War, are still commemorated on the last Sunday of August.

THE FIRST IJZERTOWER AND ITS DYNAMITIZATION (BLOWING UP)

In 1928 the construction of the 50m high IJzercross started.
    On 24 August 1930, the year of the Belgian centenary, the IJzertower was inaugurated.
    After a first attack in 1945 the IJzertower was completely destroyed in the night of 15-16 March 1946: 'with great skill, efficiently, anonymously and yet known'.
    VVK will never stand with out AVV!
    Sorry to contredict you, but that pin has nothing to do with Flanders cry for independence.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

ok. I hope someone finds the right answers.

maybe it is this Volksraad Verkiesing Kommissie i can not understand a thing but it tells you they are the vvk since 1902

Volksraad Verkiesing Kommissie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast