Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

F. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medal

Article about: Hello, For a while I’ve had a cheapo Winterschlacht that needed to be upgraded. So I thought I’d get a nice one to replace it with. The medal in question is made by F. Wiedmann I’m jus

Default F. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medal

Hello, For a while I’ve had a cheapo Winterschlacht that needed to be upgraded. So I thought I’d get a nice one to replace it with. The medal in question is made by F. Wiedmann I’m just taking his word as I don’t know how to spot this maker. The condition is amazing and it comes with the Issue bag. Now the thing holding me back is the price, they are asking $150 which is a lot of money for one of these medals in my opinion. I am willing to purchase it but I would like more or less the go ahead.

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated as always so thank you in advance!

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

F. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medalF. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medalF. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medalF. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medalF. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medal
    P
    Many

Hi Bodhi.
    IMHO the price is approximately double that suitable for a Winterschlacht medal, including Isue bag.

As I am not an expert, I don´t know if that specific manufacturer justifies the final price of the medal

Santi

That was what my thoughts where, as you said I don’t know if it’s the maker or the condition but to me that’s still a little much even for a mint example.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

?

Agreed. Way to much for an Ostmedaille even with the pouch. And to be honest i don't think it's an Wiedmann medal. It looks more like an Hauptmünzamt/Wien or an Rudolf Souval to me.

Hi!
    IMO the medal is repro. Similar to the Souval fakes.
    Poorly detalis and jerky letters.

Thank you guys, I don’t think I’ll be able to talk them down to what I would want to pay so I’ll just leave it and wait for a better priced one in similar condition. Thank you for the help and confirming my worries!

Cheers,
    Bodhi E.

Yes I agree.

Both are original but the medaille does not match the pouch.
    The Medaille is a Rudolf Souval prodiction.

The price far to high, the condition is just average on both medaille and pouch.

Good luck with everything.

I just purchased a nice Paul Meybauer Ostmedalli in its pouch which I’ve hear is a harder one to get. Thank you for the help one this thread I will post the Medal I purchased when it arrives.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

TWS
    ?

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Yes I agree.

Both are original but the medaille does not match the pouch.
    The Medaille is a Rudolf Souval prodiction.

The price far to high, the condition is just average on both medaille and pouch.

Good luck with everything.
    Agree with Sveimhugi. The silver finish to the helmet is gone, etc. Definitely not a mint example.

Here's a Klein & Quenzer A.G. that I have inbound. Not mint either, but much more of the original finish is still extant.

F. Wiedmann winterschlacht im osten medal
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."