Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)

Article about: Cheers Adrian!

Default Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)

Hi there,i just thought that I would post my new fallshirmshutzenabzeichen that I bought from Mario at HISCOLL MILITARY ANTIQUES. I am reliably informed by Joachim that this is a Steinhauer and Luck piece.It has unfortunately lost it's golden colour due to the zinc absorbing it over time but the details are superb. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)   Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)  

Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)   Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)  

Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 06-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen(s&l)

It's a good honest piece Leon. An original badge no matter what the finish is like and with typical S&L hardware.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Indeed a nice unmarked st&l.

?

Lovely looking badge..the detail is very crisp..like you say...All you need now Leon is a 57 type!!! Cheers Terry.

nice badge to have.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Lovely looking badge..the detail is very crisp..like you say...All you need now Leon is a 57 type!!! Cheers Terry.
    Thank you gentlemen,i am most pleased with this one. As for the "57's" Terry,i think I may start looking a bit more closer at those from now on!! Leon.

Congratulation Leon.It is a nice addition to your collection.I would say,that the finish is typical for the late war badges.But on the other hand a nice and textbook war badge!

Well done Leon and thanks for showing!Much fun with it.

KR
    Joe

Nice one congrats

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Nice award Leon.I wonder what is the main reason behind some badges having their finish totally absorbed and others looking like they are straight from the factory...environmental conditions/storage or just a greater chemical reaction within certain pieces?

?

The base metal and quality thereof makes a huge difference as well as the finishing techniques of the manufacturer. Couple that with the way in which the badge has been treated and stored since it was made and you have many factors which affect the look of a badge today.

Within the base metals you will find huge variations in quality as the war progressed. Early pieces from tombak hold their finish well and can be found in almost factory fresh condition. Later war pieces made from zinc, a lower quality base metal will absorb the finish over time, the quality of zinc also plays a part and finished applied directly to zinc will suffer. Some makers over came this potential problem by applying a thin coating of another metal over the zinc and then applying the finish.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast