Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge

Article about: I go with ned on this one,see what hapens.

?

Default Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge

Hi
    what are your thoughts on this flak badge
    it looks like it was painted pin is broken made by GWL
    I did some research on it but cant make up my mind was gwl the only maker to use rivets to apply the eagle ??
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge  

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge  

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge

Looks o.k. to me Tone, the doughnut rivets and integral cast hinge bracket and catch are correct for this fairly rare badge, shame it's busted, but if the price is right why not?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

It looks a bit rough but I can't really find any other fault. Can you confirm the rivets are actually there holding the eagle on seperately and are not cast into the wreath?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi Adrian
    thanks again for your help
    I added a few more pics
    it looks like the rivets are holding it together
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge  

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Luftwaffe Flak Badge  

?

The swastika looks like it's joined to the gun, is that correct?

?

Hi
    yes the swastika is joined at the gun
    Tony

?

In that case we have a major fault!

The new pics confirm that the eagle is cast with the wreath and not a seperate part. The swastika should be seperate from the gun. Being joined shows it is a one piece fake. If you look carefully you can also see there is no join between the eagle and top of the wreath.

?

Thank you very much Adrian I have learned alot the last few days
    thanks again
    Tony

Adrian is the expert but,

I like it!

Its hard to tell. It shouldnt be sand, but more smooth like clay. With ofcourse detail

I would hold on to this peice, as it could be authentic. Try to get an expert examine. It would be great to know the truth !

Quote by warRelic View Post
    Adrian is the expert but,

I like it!

Its hard to tell. It shouldnt be sand, but more smooth like clay. With ofcourse detail

I would hold on to this peice, as it could be authentic. Try to get an expert examine. It would be great to know the truth !
    I also believe this needs closer inspection. The rivets are correct for a genuine badge, I can't find a fake anywhere after a long search, that has the same doughnut rivets. I also think that where the eagle and swastika appears to be 'joined' it may just be a case of white rust, common on zinc based items, that has filled the gap between the two parts. But it's just too hard to tell from these pic's. Why not have at it with a stiff toothbrush and soapy water, it may yet yield a suprise?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast