Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe (Wilhelm Hobacher)

Article about: Hello! I want some opinions about this badge...sry for the quality of the photos...thx

Default Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe (Wilhelm Hobacher)

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe (Wilhelm Hobacher)Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe (Wilhelm Hobacher)Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe (Wilhelm Hobacher)Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe (Wilhelm Hobacher)
    Hello! I want some opinions about this badge...sry for the quality of the photos...thx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe (Wilhelm Hobacher)
    P
    Many

As far as I know, Hobacher Flaks were not made with a block hinge.
    If nothing else, this will give you something to research.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I am not well versed in these but according to Previtera, they should be a little under 4.5cm in width and 5.7mm in height. Further the upper arm of the swaz should be 75 to 80% (my best guess by eyeball) covered by the talons. And as Ralph points out, Hobacher used a crimped steel hinge assembly.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

raz
    ?

Hello Fritz , any way to get better pictures of the hinge area and the eagle ? To me it looks like the hinge may have been replaced and the catch is missing leaving a hole in its place . The obverse looks very close (although very worn) to the W H example in Marc Garlasco's book but as stated above hinge not good .
    Raz