Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Flea market finds

Article about: I would like the assistance of the membership in authenticating some medals ,badges, and tinnies I purchased today any and all comments would be welcome .And any info regarding them would be

?

Default Flea market finds

I would like the assistance of the membership in authenticating some medals ,badges, and tinnies I purchased today any and all comments would be welcome .And any info regarding them would be appreciated .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market finds   Flea market finds  

Flea market finds   Flea market finds  

Flea market finds  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flea market finds
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flea market finds

With the exception of the ribbion on the Westwall medal, all appears original to me.

Nice find!

Rob.

?

The round one w/ the head, eagle , hammer and sickle is a labor day tinnie for that year.Here is mine.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market finds   Flea market finds  

?

Sweet thanx for the info Dean and Rob any Ideal what the west wall ribbon should look like Rob

Regards Mark K

?

No problem! Yours is better than mine, still has the pin on back! The small eagle is probably SA cap badge or early political I think. Let someone who knows more tell you.Im a fairly new collector.
    ~Dean

Sure. The ribbon is roughly the right color on your example (gold-brown), however, it's a post-war reprodution. You can usually tell by looking at the weave. One of the easiest ways for me to tell is to look at the edges of the ribbon. You should be able to see defined loops from both sides. On many reproductions, the sides are flat, plus the weave is simply not consistent with the period patterns (once you see and get to know the difference). Here's a good pic illustrating the difference, though I belive the good ribbon (on the right) is for a Life Saving Medal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Rob.

Photo credit to the owner

?

Thanx Rob nice examples I just checked a couple of my other orders and decorations and you are 100% correct even my WW-1 Iron cross ribbon is looped on the outer edges .

Regards Mark K