Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?

Article about: OK, you experts out there. Help me out on this one. I have not bought it, but these are pretty good pics, so hopefully someone can render an opinion of this medal's authenticity.

Default fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?

OK, you experts out there. Help me out on this one. I have not bought it, but these are pretty good pics, so hopefully someone can render an opinion of this medal's authenticity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?
    P
    Many

Default re: fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?

I have a high-res version of these photographs, but as this is my first post on this site, I wasn't sure if the higher-res 8.5MB file was too big. Is it? What is the best size to upload for this type of assessment? Thanks,

Bob

Default re: fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum!

The pics are fine.

The pin, hinge and hook are not what I would expect to see on an Assmann made badge. But please wait for others to comment.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. You guys could end up being a life saver for me. I'm learning as fast as I can, but the more I learn the more I realize that I don't know. And I also am finding out that fakes abound and that some of them are very good.

?

Default Re: fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?

I agree with Ade regarding the reverse hardware on the badge, not what you would expect to see from Assmann. I would also add the rivets are different from Assmann made badges and also the makers mark is stamped, I believe Assmann marks should be raised.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: fliegerschützen abzeichen für bordschutzen und bordfunker: original or fake?

nice fake