Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.

Article about: Greetings on this late sunday evening. As allways would like to hear Your opinions on this Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker, manufactured by Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid. After ma

Default Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.

Greetings on this late sunday evening.
    As allways would like to hear Your opinions on this Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker, manufactured by Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid. After making some investigations- not a rare maker for these badges.
    To me it looks to be original, war era piece, it has definetly seen better days, but otherwise nothing wrong with it.
    I am allways happy to hear some additional information as well.
    Thanks and regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.   Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.  

Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.   Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.
    P
    Many

Hello Peter,
    well for me the badge looks new.
    It has a finish I would never expect to see on either an early or mid period Assmann Tombac badge.
    The Eagle would no doubt compare to some eagle but it is certainly not an Assmann. That black finish I have only ever seen on an aluminium piece.
    The pictures are not very good for doing either a feather profile or a reverse cut out shot so for me IMO it's a reproduction of what is normally a beautiful looking badge.

All the best
    Doug

I agree with Doug in that better, clearer, more lit photos are needed for me to assess this badge. Also, a straight on reverse photo.
    Assmann had a lot of variants of this badge, about eight.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Big Thanks!! I asked seller for better quality pictures, let's see will I get them...
    Regards,
    Peter

Not to sound "cocky" but the OP did not claim the badge to be Tombac. Did they not make these out of zinc or another metal other than Tombac ?

Here is an example of an aluminum wreath, buntmetal eagle. Not much common in regards to the OP...but showing a variation of an Assmann badge
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.   Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.  

Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.   Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker.  

Last edited by real steel; 09-03-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Not to sound "cocky" but the OP did not claim the badge to be Tombac. Did they not make these out of zinc or another metal other than Tombac ?
    D.
    I believe they made examples of these from buntmetal, tombak, zinc and aluminum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good day.
    Thanks for Your help, seller was gentleman and agreed that it was fake & cancelled the auction, You guys saved somebodies & maybe mine money!!
    Thanks a lot and regards,
    Peter