Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?

Article about: Not sure what's going on here. Looks like Junker Adler attached to FLL wreath. Looks like it's been repaired and maybe been made up of two original badges? I was told that it is a complete f

Default Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?

Not sure what's going on here. Looks like Junker Adler attached to FLL wreath. Looks like it's been repaired and maybe been made up of two original badges? I was told that it is a complete fake and that the Junker trademark is incorrect, but it looks quite good to me and why repair a fake badge? Is this an original made out of two genuine badges? Please help with this one as I find it intriguing. Thank you for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?   Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?  

Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?   Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?
    P
    Many

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

MAP
    ?

Don't have my reference materials with me but this one looks like a Frankenstein. I would pass.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Many thanks for looking. I've had it a while so it would be OK if it was made from a variety of original parts as it would be OK for display. It was cheap so not expecting too much. If you could help me further with this when you can, and if you don't mind, I would appreciate it.

MAP
    ?

I'll try to look tonight. There are others here with more experience on these. I know just enough to know I'm no pro and rely heavily on reference books.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Many thanks I appreciate that.

Could anybody tell me if this Frankenstein is constructed from all genuine war time parts or which bits are genuine and which bits are fake please?

MAP
    ?

Was busy last night and couldn't look. If free I will try tonight.

Many thanks for that, that would be great.

MAP
    ?

I've taken a bit of time to compare your eagle to the Junckers in Previtera's book. There was a lot of hand finishing of these award so there are always slight variations especially in the head and bolts.

I am no expert on these by far, and the wear and heavy soiling of the eagle make it difficult. I am leaning towards the eagle is an original but it is lacking in some of the finer details. It does have the square mark I have seen on other original (see green circle). That said, I'm not sure what those black marks are (red circle). Are they casting holes?

The maker mark on the reverse is hard to confirm but I'm leaning towards it being good. Lots of rough hand finishing file marks on the reverse edges as well.

As far as the wreath? I'm sorry but I can't help on that. It does not resemble my Cupal/Aluminum FLL ROAG. (see link below). Whatever, the catch and hinges are incorrect.

Luft ROAG - Cupal/Aluminum FFL (Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen )

Surprised no one else has commented, but with luck someone will be around. I'm giving it my best shot but don't take my word as final

Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker FLL/Junker ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast