Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen

Article about: I would like your opinions on this B&NL Luftwaffe award. Hope the pictures are ok. Thank you for your time, Ras

raz
    ?

Default Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen

I would like your opinions on this B&NL Luftwaffe award. Hope the pictures are ok. Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen
    Thank you for your time,
    Ras

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen
    P
    Many

Hi Ras,

This looks like a very good fake to me. Everything is close, but the soft appearance and lack of detail on the eagle that seems to have been sanded/rubbed down to cover this, is not a good sign. The wreath also has several variances compared to original ones in the oak and laurel leaves and again appears somewhat soft.

On the reverse, the rivets are clearly domed when they should be flattened, the round wire catch looks too thick but a sideways shot would probably show it's the wrong shape as well. The makers mark doesn't match originals either from what I can see. Finally, the signs of hand finishing that is noticeable on genuine examples is also not visible on this one from the pic's supplied. Wait for other opinions, but I'm pretty sure it's bad.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Had me fooled. Ned knows his stuff.

Fake badge.

Close, but still enough problems compared with an original "Berg&Nolte" badge.

Hi, Big Ned knows these badges well. I thought I liked it, but Ned has a great eye, and he explained in detail why this is not good.
    I must agree. No good.

raz
    ?

Well I woke up this morning to bad news but at least the seller has a unconditional guaranteed policy. I will be in touch with him shortly. Thank all of you for your input as it is getting harder to stay in this hobby. MR. Big Ned , always a pleasure to hear your comments sir. The pin is straight and turns down 90 degrees and is welded . No curve or bend. One rivet has a flat spot on top but the other is domed . Anyway, if there is doubt throw it out!
    Raz

At least your not down several hundred dollars anymore, that's what counts!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

raz
    ?

so true Ned. thanks