Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker

Article about: Hello, I would appreciate opinions on this badge. Unfortunately these are the only pictures I have available.

Default Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker

Hello,

I would appreciate opinions on this badge. Unfortunately these are the only pictures I have available.

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-05-2017 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker
    P
    Many

I like it. Best wait for other opinions, but I can't see any obvious faults.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you, Ned. I appreciate your opinion.

Lovely badge

Hello StGW
    as Ned mentions this is an accepted original but I'm not too fond of this particular 'new kid on the block'
    The original buntmetall badges that were produced by BSW (and many other makers) had the lightening bolts held in the talons but at some period of time the excess stocks of these had the bolts removed either by the factory or some other individual.
    The example above looks to be one of the examples that has had the bolts removed by the factory.

BSW badges always (IMO) had round wire catches that was prone to damage but then this piece came along with the flat wire catch!
    Whenever I see this particular badge they are always near mint as with the example you show.

If it is a reproduction it has got to be one of the best I have come across but I wouldn't particularly want it in my collection.

All the best
    Doug

The catch is for sure not "BSW" like as Doug have mentioned. I also don´t like the finish and some other parts.

I would be careful with this badge.

Regards
    Joe

Attached are pictures of a that came from a dealers site back in 2004 when I first saw this flat wire catched BSW badges...Is it a match?

I know that these flat catched badges are accepted on at least one other site but as I mentioned I'm still not convinced.

All the best
    Doug

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker

Yes it´s matching with the starting badge in this thread.

I don´t like both badges and i would not add one of these to my own collection.

I don´t like hinge, pin, catch, finish, rivets and the way of cut off from the bolts.

Have you a old thread with a discussion about this kind of catch Doug? Were are accepting this catches?

Regards
    Joe

Hello Joe,
    no I don't have a link to the thread where it is accepted as an original badge but this link below may help:
    GCA Forum | Access denied.

This was posted in to the original section in 2013.

The pictures I posted were from a dealers site in 2004 which was the first time I ever came across the flat wire hook.

If it is a reproduction it is very well executed and it must only have been a short production run as with the one over on the other forum, the dealer picture above and the one that started the thread these are the only 3 I have ever seen.

Cheers
    Doug

Hello Doug,

i am not a premium member in GCA Forum. I can not visit the Database.

Regards
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast