Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel JMME und Sohn Berlin, copy?

Article about: Hello gents i just have found this ROAG badge on some local ads. It looks strange on this pictures to me, maybe because light conditions. Also i dont like that mark, or whatever it is, on th

Default Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel JMME und Sohn Berlin, copy?

Hello gents i just have found this ROAG badge on some local ads. It looks strange on this pictures to me, maybe because light conditions. Also i dont like that mark, or whatever it is, on the lower arm of swastika. What are your opinions about this badge?
    Best regards, Franko
    Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel JMME und Sohn Berlin, copy?Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel JMME und Sohn Berlin, copy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel JMME und Sohn Berlin, copy?
    P
    Many

Another example where seller is not willing to send some good and clear daylight photos, disappointing really and again just make me think that must be some reason for that. Of course only that cross my mind is that something have to be wrong with this badge, otherwise there is no excuse for bad pictures.
    Best regards, Franko

Its better ever than never. Here are some additional pictures of this badge. Now it looks like genuine wartime item to me and if i am not wrong this should be made in zinc.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Looks o.k. to me Franko.

It´s not a zinc made variant. It´s made of "Nickel silver" or "Neusilber".

KR
    Joe

Thanks Joe.
    Best regards, Franko

I don't like this one as it looks like it has a cast wreath Franko.
    The newer pictures just seem to ooze too many casting flaws

Doug

Thanks Duog. I also had some concerns because that few marks on the side of the wreath, as well as mark on lower arm of swastika but regardlles that i still was thinking that this is wartime piece. Actually i almost bought this badge because i have planned to do that tommorow. So i am very grateful for your post. You saved me a lot of money here. Thank you again, i really appreciate it very much.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Riveting looks o.k. ; finish looks o.k. ; reverse hardware looks o.k. imo.

This kind of structure on the reverse side, is speaking not automatically for fake. It´s especially often to see on "IMME" LW badges imo.

But you can it also find sometimes on other pieces.

Just my opinion and what i could observe since i collecting this stuff.

Regards
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel JMME und Sohn Berlin, copy?   Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel JMME und Sohn Berlin, copy?  

Although i wanted to buy this badge, there is something about it what make me to be less confident with it and at the end i am with Doug here. I should wait for another one, Deumers for example.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Joe, Franko
    What I see is what looks like a nice eagle with that typical green tinge that is often found in JMME eagles. The hinge and hook are a good match to most other originals and one of the rivers has a nice ‘nipped’ look that is also typical of this maker.

I’m on my phone at the mo so can’t edit pictures and I have some important business tomorrow but there is some hand finishing on the eagle...the undercut on the main body. There are lots of holes and surplus material on the wreath that give me the impresssion of being cast.

There are some fairly recent reproductions of these badges done and I think this is one of them

It is one I wouldn’t be happy with

Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast