Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?

Article about: My other examples of this badge are original and I have compared them to this one, and apart from the damage on this one, they look very similar. Not sure if this is a ground dug or sea find

Default Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?

My other examples of this badge are original and I have compared them to this one, and apart from the damage on this one, they look very similar. Not sure if this is a ground dug or sea find which has been damaged by being in contact with other metals, or has it been melted, or has it been treated with chemicals to clean it, or is it just a fake? Traces of the Schwerin mark can just be seen. It has the usual triangular flaws on the inside of the wreath and some good detail. Would appreciate opinions on this one as I cannot decide. Although not in good condition, if it's original, it is still a piece of history. Thank you for your valued help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?   Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?  

Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?   Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?  

Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flotten kriehsabzeichnung ground dug or wreck find?
    P
    Many

Wasn't sure whether this was just a cast copy but a lot of the obverse detail is clear with smooth surfaces and the pin assembly looks correct for Schwerin. I was wandering if it was targeting to be melted down and the brass recycled after the war but, for some reason, not destroyed completely.