Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flottenkriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, im looking to buy this Scherwin Flottenkriegsabzeichen, its going for \\$425, is it a good buy? the seller is reputable, not worried if its real, im 100% it is. just wana make sure th

?

Default Flottenkriegsabzeichen

Hi guys, im looking to buy this Scherwin Flottenkriegsabzeichen, its going for $425, is it a good buy? the seller is reputable, not worried if its real, im 100% it is. just wana make sure the price is good will be my first navy badge.
    Flottenkriegsabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flottenkriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Flottenkriegsabzeichen

im no expert but just making an observation on the swaz the spaces look very close together hopefully someone else will coment

rory

Quote by rory View Post
    im no expert but just making an observation on the swaz the spaces look very close together hopefully someone else will coment

rory
    Possibly someone's tried to De-Swaz it? I'm not too sure. Stewy

That is what I was thinking too Stewy.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

yes the bottom leg looks like it was hammered but the left leg looks ok and still very close to the top?

someones taken a chisel to it you can see how they have pushed it towards the feet showing the "grain" (laymans terms) of the metal
    still nice and a good job they stopped (would have made a hash of it doing it like that)

tom

?

As the others have said, someone has made a crude attempt to de-nazify it with a file (not a chisel) as you can tell by the crossway striations. You can see more evidence of it on the second leaf down on the right. I would like to see a pic of the back just to be sure. There also appears to be quite alot of excess material on the inside of the wreath.
    I would try to get a bit of a lower price if it was my money. The asking price reflects the damage but not quite enough IMO. These are relatively common and there are better examples out there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    As the others have said, someone has made a crude attempt to de-nazify it with a file (not a chisel) as you can tell by the crossway striations.
    thats the one adrian couldn't remember for the life of me then

tom

Quote by Adrian View Post
    As the others have said, someone has made a crude attempt to de-nazify it with a file (not a chisel) as you can tell by the crossway striations. You can see more evidence of it on the second leaf down on the right. I would like to see a pic of the back just to be sure. There also appears to be quite alot of excess material on the inside of the wreath.
    I would try to get a bit of a lower price if it was my money. The asking price reflects the damage but not quite enough IMO. These are relatively common and there are better examples out there.
    I'm with Ade. $60-ish less would be a "ball park" figure IMO. Stewy

$425 for a badly damaged High Seas badge is Far too much, in my opinion. The gold is missing on all but some parts of the eagle too. The ship has Heavy wear on it(Just How do such badges even get such wear is a mystery to me-what are they, like, handled every day for years? Or abusively polished?) There's many more out there in far better condition for not All that much more cost. Personally, I would consider such a damaged badge as basically uncollectable or at best a filler. You can do better! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."