Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Flottenkriegsabzeichen.

Article about: Hello gents, I don't really know much about the High Seas Fleet Badge but I have seen this one for sale at £150, what do you think? Also the seller states it is a Fredrich Orth. Thanks for y

?

Default Flottenkriegsabzeichen.

Flottenkriegsabzeichen.Flottenkriegsabzeichen.Flottenkriegsabzeichen.Flottenkriegsabzeichen.
    Hello gents, I don't really know much about the High Seas Fleet Badge but I have seen this one for sale at £150, what do you think? Also the seller states it is a Fredrich Orth.
    Thanks for your time, cheers Terry
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-30-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flottenkriegsabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: High Seas Fleet Badge

The finish is gone and this is a late piece.I would wait and check other sites(not ebay) as an early H.S. badge with the beautiful gilt plated wreath and silver plated ship are much nicer! IMO

?

Cheers Goodbuys I was just wondering I did see 1 a different colour, wasnt sure they were different levels!!! you know Bronze etc....Ill keep my wallet closed this time..Thanks for your time Terry.

It's an original Orth badge with the later war cast hinge and catch fittings. Personally, I'd wait for a better example than this damaged one, it'll never improve in value with the lack of finish and the other issues mentioned and is a pretty non descript piece IMO.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned's synopsis is spot on and is exactly what I would've said too. There are better pieces out there, put the £150 towards one of those.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Flottenkriegsabzeichen.

The catches on these are well known for breakages. I would save your money at this price.

I have a similar one, but bought in the good old days for £16.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Flottenkriegsabzeichen.

Cheers Guys thats all I wanted to know..Its not my thing but I saw it & it is a nice looking award/badge..I thought I would ask?..The problem I have being stuck in the middle of a desert I cant read any of my books that I keep buying lol...So I do rely & ask some bone questions!!!!.. Thanks for your time again Terry.