Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake

Article about: hey guys i just joined your website WOW it is awsome. anyway i was wondering if you thought this was real or fake. this is my 2nd post but on the first one i did not use the german name for

Default Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake

hey guys i just joined your website WOW it is awsome. anyway i was wondering if you thought this was real or fake. this is my 2nd post but on the first one i did not use the german name for this badge because i hadn't read the moderator's post so i wanted to corect it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake   Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake  

Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake

Matt,
    Welcome to the forum and for posting your badge. I'm personally not keen on it. The hinge is unlike anything I've seen on a badge from this maker and the details look very soft - or maybe it's the photo? Hopefully some of the others will add their thoughts too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I don't like it eathere i think its a weastern block copy.....but then again.....you never know

Hi Matt, a big welcome to the forum. I agree with Adrian and Cobra. Should have sharper cuts on leaves in the wreath, missing detail in the bridge, and poorly cut claws on the eagle. Doesn't look original to me. Cudos on using the German vocabulary, you will make the moderators very, very happy.

Take care,
    Jay

Strange, I replied to this one the other day, but the post seems to have gone astray?
    What I said was, it's a reproduction, as the back gives it away. Here is one from my collection to compare
    Attached Images Attached Images Flottenkriegsabzeichen original or fake 

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Strange, I replied to this one the other day, but the post seems to have gone astray?
    What I said was, it's a reproduction, as the back gives it away. Here is one from my collection to compare
    Sorry John, I know you replied to the thread started in the uniforms forum about the same badge but posted by a different member here
    There was another thread here started by Matt but he posted twice, one with German terminology, one without. I deleted the duplicate thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....