Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen GWL

Article about: I got this medal when I was 14 at a estate sale for practically nothing. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this medal. Any information is much appreciated.

?

Default Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen GWL

I got this medal when I was 14 at a estate sale for practically nothing. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this medal. Any information is much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen GWL   Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen GWL  

Last edited by rbminis; 05-09-2018 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen GWL
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Poorly cast fake, sorry.

Awful fake indeed.

Best regards,
    Franko

MAP
    ?

No doubt re Franko and CBH's comments. One look cast fake.

I will add that it appears to be some sort of pot metal.

Compare to an original

GWL Beobachterabzeichen mit Etui.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, as I stopped collecting awards some time ago I do not "pop" into this area of the forum to often.
    That said, I am sorry to say that this is a very poor cast copy of a GWL , note the un-even marks/ lines across the reverse of the award. That would never occur on an original. Also the front details are very weak in their "sharpness".
    One other pointer is that even black look, an old trick using hot oil, really does not resembles real age patina, but the fakers know it will sell to a point. Leon.

?

Thanks guys for all your replies and help. Sad to see this medal is fake, luckily I'm not in the hole too badly.