Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Flugzeugführerabzeichen

Article about: Guys Please can you give me a thumbs up or down on this Pilots badge? The detail looks ok but seems soft Many thanks Nick

Default Flugzeugführerabzeichen

Guys

Please can you give me a thumbs up or down on this Pilots badge?

The detail looks ok but seems soft

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW1attachment.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	966442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LWattachment.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	966443  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Nick,

I don't like it either. In my opinion it's a cast fake representing the badge that is by an unknown maker, but has also been associated tentatively to FLL (Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid).

Here's another bad one.

Regards, Ned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UM Cast Pilot Fr.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	966444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UM Cast Pilot Rev.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	966445
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That's Ned , that's just what I wanted to know , much appreciated

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

[QUOTE=big ned;1631040]Hi Nick,

I don't like it either. In my opinion it's a cast fake representing the badge that is by an unknown maker, but has also been associated tentatively to FLL (Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid).

Regards, Ned.

Hi Nick, I agree completely with Ned and I think your first impression was correct.

For me it is cast as Ned says but even if I had no idea and somebody told me it was a good one I still think I would pass on it, it's a bit ugly

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Having had this nagging me on and off all day, I may have to revise my opinion as having had a concerted look around on various databases and done several searches on other forums, this poorly defined badge is not unusual when it comes to this pattern. It could be down to die wear judging by some similar conditioned badges.

The remains of the finish on the reverse of some of these is also remarkably similar to what's on the badge Nick showed, so there is now an element of doubt for me over my initial opinion. Basically, I'm no longer sure and erring the other way....

Name:	fll po1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	966626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po1a.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	966627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po2.jpg 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	966628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po2a.jpg 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	966629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po3.jpg 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	966630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po3a.jpg 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	966631

Regards, Ned.

imo it's a good one,but not the quality.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Having had this nagging me on and off all day, I may have to revise my opinion as having had a concerted look around on various databases and done several searches on other forums, this poorly defined badge is not unusual when it comes to this pattern. It could be down to die wear judging by some similar conditioned badges.

The remains of the finish on the reverse of some of these is also remarkably similar to what's on the badge Nick showed, so there is now an element of doubt for me over my initial opinion. Basically, I'm no longer sure and erring the other way....

Name:	fll po1.jpg 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	966626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po1a.jpg 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	966627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po2.jpg 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	966628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po2a.jpg 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	966629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po3.jpg 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	966630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fll po3a.jpg 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	966631

Regards, Ned.
    Good man Ned, I love your honest approach, always have done! Personally looking at this one I am not that keen, mainly due to the very poorly defined cut/edges to the gaps between the Adlers wing tip feathers. That said, it could just be a weak well used die. All in all, I think it is one well worth noting, but due to doubt I would pass. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway