Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flugzeugführerabzeichen- authentic

Article about: Hello all, Annoyed from this ads?   Came across this pilots badge by assmann. It looks very very real to my inexperienced eyes. Comparing to some that was in this and other forums, I'm

Default Flugzeugführerabzeichen- authentic

Hello all,

Came across this pilots badge by assmann. It looks very very real to my inexperienced eyes. Comparing to some that was in this and other forums, I'm not sure if it's a good reproduction or actually authentic. I would appreciate your opinions.

Also the seller is asking for $375 for it. Is that a good price? I know these are coveted, but is that little too high?

Thanks in advance

Flugzeugführerabzeichen- authenticFlugzeugführerabzeichen- authenticFlugzeugführerabzeichen- authentic
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-04-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen- authentic
    P
    Many

It looks good to me too, but I have very little experience
    with these. I do know however, that if it IS an original,
    $375 is around half to one third of retail. They are
    rather expensive badges.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It´s an fake badge with an "FLL" eagle design.

KR
    Joe

?

Thumbs down Pilots badge

Hello,
    I agree it is 100% bad. This is not even close to a real Assmann badge. As Joe said it is based on the FLL design. The eagle, wreath details, maker mark, hinge, catch are all incorrect, as well as the finish of the badge for Assmann. Below are two badges in my collection of the 1939-1941 period. These Assmann badges have the 2nd pattern eagle and the 3rd pattern wreath. The top badge is for Pilot/Observer and the bottom badge is for Pilot. Both of my badges are cased. The prices for these run high, I value the P/O badge at $5,000 or more (at least that is what I have been offered by several people), and the pilot at $2,000 or more. So $375 would be a screaming deal provided the badge was real.

Remember when you look at Luftwaffe flight badges you have to compare the same maker to the same maker-Assmanns to Assmanns, Junckers to Junckers, Deumers to Deumers etc.. It would be futile to compare an Assmann badge to a Juncker badge and try to judge originality. You also have to compare the same time periods to the same time periods. My Assmann badges are of the 1939-1941 time period and do differ from those badges made by Assmann of the 1936-1938 time period and of the 1938-1939 time period and of the 1943-1944 time period, etc..

Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen- authentic   Flugzeugführerabzeichen- authentic  

Yes, so it is Jody.

Important is to know, how have the different manufacturer in the different time periods produced. Base materials, rivetting, set-ups, finish etc.

Sorry, Jody and Joachim are spot on with their evaluation. This is a well made but ultimately poor attempt as an Assman award. The fakers did not even use an Assman to base this one on. Leon.

a good quality fake.

Jody,

Great explanation. Thanks a lot.

All,

Thank you for the posts

?

poor definition of claws and face

See how little I know about these ? !

The price is too good to be true.
    Regards,

Steve.