Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Flugzeugführerabzeichen Berg & Nolte Named

Article about: Hi guys, sometime ago, bought a Pilot s Badge from BN&L. The badge has got written some info on the back, but I cannot figure out all of it. Took a couple of pictures and I hope this wil

Many thanks, that is superb information, it s a shame that I only have the initial H of the pilot, otherwise, is there a way to track the pilot s details down?
    Quote by Rasira View Post
    Correction to my notice!
    The name Pownug is related to southern parts of former Prussia - Silesia, which was located besides former Czech Sudetenland.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Many thanks, that is superb information, it s a shame that I only have the initial H of the pilot, otherwise, is there a way to track the pilot s details down?
    Hi.
    Primary source for historical records on WWII German armed forces, is the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt, Deutsche Dienststelle für die Benachrichtigung der nächsten Angehörigen von Gefallenen der ehemaligen deutschen Wehrmacht).
    Internet site: https://www.dd-wast.de/de/startseite.html
    They include personnel documents, listings, documents on military losses and a register containing over 18 million soldiers from WW II.

You have to fill a request form and provide known information of the requested person. In your case it is not much: first name initial and Surname. He could have been stationed in Brieg airport durin late war. Because you are not a relative, the reason for requesting information should be scientific research (Wissenschaftliche Forschung).

A large military collection is also held in the United States, in the National Archives and Records Administration's Record Group 242 (Collection of Foreign Records Seized). There are files of the Rasse und Siedlungs Hauptamt (Chief Office for Race and Settlement).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12