Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge

Article about: Hello and ill try this again.. Got this in a package deal I'm just trying to figure out if it's a pilot's batch or a observers back and of course if it's real but I think it is. I was offere

Friedrich Linden Ludenscheid (FLL) was a wartime manufacturer of these Pilots Badges. $300 is fairly priced for a late war unmarked badge, I think I saw a unmarked FLL sell for $400 not too long ago. I'm more of a patch collector so I'm not well versed on the badge market, or authentication for that matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge
    P
    Many

FNG
    ?

Well thank you for stepping out of your collectors field and helping

raz
    ?

Looks like original to me but can't say FLL because of the catch being a flat wire . This one is a match for one sold on Emedals which they did not identify but has the same catch . Hope they don't mind . You can look it up in their archive file .

Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badgeFlugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge

FNG
    ?

Very well presented. I see what you mean. When i look at it closely it doesn't look like it was replaced. What did they sell theres for?

Heres my FLL for comparison. They look pretty similar to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge   Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge  

raz
    ?

You are correct as I am home and just looked at my new book by Sebastian and it is a FLL type 8 with flat wire catch and round catch plate . It has horizontal line flaw halfway up the left back side of the wreath . Is your badge flat wire or large c catch John4022 as I don't see the die flaw on your example ?

I assume this is the large C catch. I believe I see the die flaw on the wreath too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge  

FNG
    ?

Yeah I think its the real deal. Thank you guys so much for all your help and the awesome photos and Help!!!

raz
    ?

This is c type catch

Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge

Raz,,

Thank you for the clarification and confirmation of this being an FLL badge..

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2