Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.

Article about: Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying your weekend! Picked this up at a local antique fair today. I was rummaging through a box of old costume jewelry and picked it out. My gut feeling was t

Default Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.

Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

Picked this up at a local antique fair today. I was rummaging through a box of old costume jewelry and picked it out. My gut feeling was that it looked German (don't ask me why, it just did), and when the seller told me i could have it for £4 i could hardly refuse. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this actually is. I might (and most likely am) be on the wrong track, however i don't want to risk it. Certainly looks like it has some age to it (although i know this doesn't always mean its old!) On the reverse, the pin is marked 100, however i can see no other visible markings. It looks like the clasp is broken.

Any help is appreciated as always.

Thanks

Vicky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.   Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.  

Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.   Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.  

Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.   Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-02-2013 at 08:39 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a German Award? Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this a German Award?

It's a German medal awarded to Eastern Volunteers, known as the Ostvolk medal. This is the 1st class version, the 2nd class was worn on a ribbon. Whether it is original I can't say, hopefully someone else will be able to tell you.

I do not know for sure, but it appears to be an original to me. If so, "100" is the maker mark for Wachtler und Lange.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for the info guys, could potentially be a better find than a piece of costume jewelry which it was getting sold as

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Thank you for the info guys, could potentially be a better find than a piece of costume jewelry which it was getting sold as
    Definately!
    Here is a link to another to compare.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...ertern-257054/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Good original Ostvolk Medaille Vicky. Nice find and worth considerably more than £4!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nice pickup Vicky, This is the without swords version for non combatants. They seem to sell for in excess of £100 so a nice markup on the £4 paid.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Good original Ostvolk Medaille Vicky. Nice find and worth considerably more than £4!
    Even though the clasp is broken? Not that it will ever be sold, especially as up until today i didn't know it existed, let alone ever thought about of owning one!

?

Well done Vicky a good find if it is the real deal....!!!..Keep going like this you could be minted soon 96 pound profit... lol.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Well done Vicky a good find if it is the real deal....!!!..Keep going like this you could be minted soon 96 pound profit... lol.. Cheers Terry.
    No chance of this one being sold. Although, i did really want a piece of costume jewelry, but i guess this will do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast