Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German badge material???

Article about: Hi, This seems to be part of the equipment used to make pins or badges. The center seems to have 2 wheels with wings and electricity coming out of each side with the initials ERFA if I am no

Default German badge material???

Hi,

This seems to be part of the equipment used to make pins or badges.

The center seems to have 2 wheels with wings and electricity coming out of each side with the initials ERFA if I am not wrong? maker or engrave seems to be LUDWIG _RAMER?

Any ideas if this is German and what?

Thanks,

Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German badge material???   German badge material???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German badge material???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German badge material???

Any thoughts on this piece?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes Adrian, destroy it!

?

Look like fakes made, because they would make a cast of one, I dont think they are wartime

?

What's the design? It looks like the Deutsche Reichsbahn logo but with it being a cable on what looks like a spool and lightning bolts, some sort of communications trade badge? Is it even TR? Is it a legit design?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

ERFA is the European Rail Freight Association, they suprisingly promote European rail freight and lobby the E.U. and member goverments. Their main offices are in Brussels, Belgium. So lets not get too excited about them and their logo, wanting them destroyed, and saying that they're fake....It's just a quango afterall.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German badge material???  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Within the Reichsbahn there was a postion called Triebswagenfuhrer (electric powered engine driver) which used the Reichsbahn symbol with three lighting bolts. However, the symbol shown for this postion isn't the one which was first posted, close though. Maybe it's a similar title?

Edit: Posted after you did Ned, thanks for the information.

?

To me it looks like two rubber tired spoked wheels with a fist grasping the axle in between,possibly a logo for an older experimental electric drive carriage,but I`m just guessing.....Your turn.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks for all the replies.
    I believe it to be legit because it came in a woden box that housed other dies that were used to make Israel's first 1948 to early 1950's army badges. The box was found in an old factory that made the army's first badges. If it is not German then maybe British? Mandate item? Does the makers or engravers name Ludwig Kramer help?

Managed to identify, possibly, the German maker of this die-cast:

Ludwig Kramer maschinen metallbau in Bensheim, souther Hesse.

Will hope they can solve the riddle...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast