Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German General and his awards

Article about: Still can't find that General on the web site that Kradmelter gave me. That site is great for looking up German generals. It Gives history and everything. Just my German is not that good. If

Default Re: German General and his awards

I don't know at this point. If they are his or not.
    They came from the same person, I think?? That is why I am asking if anyone has any information on him.
    I can't really tell if they are all original awards or not. From what I can tell with the limited photos is they appear real. Just trying to get some more information.
    Thanks,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German General and his awards
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Hello John,

What have you been told about this grouping? Are you looking to purchase them? At this point in time you have a picture of a german general and a frame of medals and absolutely no connection between the pair. There is no way possible to connect the two with out the name of the general.

With the photos supplied nobody here can tell you if the awards are good or not. You need to supply good clear front and back shots of each piece. Catches, pins and makers marks need to be show to help aid in identification.

If you are offered this set for under $9,000. (that is just a general middle of the road price for the Knights Cross, German Cross and EKI with Spange) I would be very, very leery. The knights Cross, in my opinion can go from $4,500.-$11,000. depending on maker and condition.

Fred

?

Are the medals in your posession?

Maybe this can help:Die Generale des Heeres

Thanks Guys. The medals are coming up for sale. And Thanks Kradmelder for the link. It is very helpful. I have not gotten through all of them yet. I have no proof that the General in the picture and the awards are connected. The only thing is they look like they were framed the same. But you all have been helpful in making a Decision if I want to make an offer. I really need to have the grouping looked at closer.

Thanks,

John

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

If you cannot handle or have the medals removed from the frame and get high quality pictures of the things I mentioned I would pass.

Fred

Thanks for all the thoughts on these items guys I really Appreciated it.
    So many unknowns on these. The bid so far is 2500.00. Way out of my price range now for this many unknowns.

John

Fred Green
    ?

Somebody is going to take that one in the shorts!! No ID on the general and some pretty medals with no real inspection.

Fred

I agree Fred.
    It is selling today at Rock Island Auction Company today. You can watch the auction on Proxi-bid.com.

Thanks,
    John

Fred Green
    ?

John,

Enough said by Mentioning Rock Island Auction Company. Thanks.

Fred

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast